Quote Originally Posted by Jinete_Palido View Post
Gotm4,

Could you explain a little more about bedding the gas block? Where are you putting the Loctite (i.e. so it doesn't get into the gas port)? Also, when you put red Loctite on the barrel, will there be issues if you ever want to separate the barrel and upper?

JP
The LocTite makes the gas block/FSB fit the barrel fit very tightly and glues it to the barrel. This keeps the assembly tight, if it's slightly loose (so little that you can't feel it) the FSB can move a tiny bit which changes the harmonics of the barrel and makes the rounds string up and down when shooting at longer distances because everytime the rifle fires the harmonics are acting differently. If the gas block/FSB to barrel relationship are rock solid the harmonics are always the same. I've never had enough get into the gas port where it effected function. The 20K psi and heat pretty much keeps it clear. If I ever want to remove a gas block mounted in this way or a receiver from a barrel a very hot heat gun is my friend. On ARs where I've painted the gas block and barrel with GunKote or Norrells I don't use LocTite to bed as it's not required then. The finish makes for a tighter fit.