Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rail covers

Feedback Score

rail covers

What do yall think about the 2 inch UTG rail covers. I have a 10" rail and Im lookin to wrap the whole thing pretty much. If UTG covers suck can anyone point me in the direction of an alternative. Right now I can get enough 2 inch covers to cover 3 sides for 16 bucks and have some left over. And I dont want to get 6 inch ones and cut them either.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    do not get them!!! i had them on my rail system when i first got my rail i thought they where cheap enough like 12 bucks for enough to cover a carbine rail system and they do not stay on when shooting your firearm. After 10 to 20 rounds they will start walking them selves backwards and will evuantually slide off by them selves just by firing your ar. I took them off and sold them to some kid for his airsoft gun, I would go with KAC rail covers they work great or magpuls rail covers but i hear they are a pain in the butt to take off.
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Larue's index clips are also nice, although they are a hair on the more expensive side.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Get your flame suit on...UTG will be blasted over and over on this forum.

Go for Magpul or the like. Rail covers are small potatoes compared to everything else on a quality AR.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    The Troy covers get my vote, they are not my favorite...but at 3 for 20.00 they are great.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Either the Ergo-Falcon covers or Magpul if you are on a budget.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sadmin View Post
    The Troy covers get my vote, they are not my favorite...but at 3 for 20.00 they are great.
    I have found that they don't lock up very well IMHO...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    magpul ladder rail covers. I like them because they dont increase the overall diameter when the rail is gripped

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I find the ladder covers can let your hands get hot with prolonged shooting.
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj588 View Post
    What do yall think about the 2 inch UTG rail covers. I have a 10" rail and Im lookin to wrap the whole thing pretty much. If UTG covers suck can anyone point me in the direction of an alternative. Right now I can get enough 2 inch covers to cover 3 sides for 16 bucks and have some left over. And I dont want to get 6 inch ones and cut them either.
    <hikeeba dons his flamesuit>

I have a bunch that came with a UTG rail dealio I purchased a few years ago for a 10/22. I've used the UTG rail panels briefly on the UTG rail thingie, a FIRSH quad-rail handguard, and a YHM quad-rail handguard. I never had any fitment problems with the UTG rail panels on those items. They seemed to snap onto the rails pretty well and stay put. BUT, I never left them on any rifle long enough to really evaluate them. I do know they are a little on the thick side.

cdj588, if you're interested, shoot me a PM with your name, your street address, the title of one of your all-time favorite movies, the name of your favorite childhood toy, the name of a person (past or present) that you admire and aspire to emulate, and I'll send you however many short UTG rail panels I have. You don't need to provide any reasons or back stories for the info I requested.

Edit: Some of my UTG panels are black, and some are 'rattle can tan.'
    Last edited by hikeeba; 08-10-10 at 15:48.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast