Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P with Insight MRDS

Feedback Score
    I ran a 4moa for a while but found the dot too small for very fast acquisition for anything 25 yards and under. I switched to a 7moa dot and think that combo is perfect. I now have 7moa & 8moa MRD's on three pistols.

MadDog

Feedback Score
    I received my RMR equipped M&P .45 slide from Mr. Bowie about two weeks ago. I finally had a chance to wring it out a bit yesterday. I definitely see the potential, and the requirement to train with the equipment.

This evening I went to do some dry fire work, presented the pistol to eye level and....no dot. I ran the slide a few times and the dot appeared.

It was not a confidence building moment, and I'm beginning to see the wisdom of Grant's approach.

John

Feedback Score
    I've got a RMR 9moa dual illuminated on the way to me now. I'm going to try it out on a Tac-sol 22lr slide I have for my STI 2011 before I butcher a slide for a low mount.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Dot size issues: I see that some are concerned a smaller dot will cause engagement problems at close range but are preferred for longer range.

I have a T-1 on my issued Commando and have no problem acquiring the 4 MOA dot; and it's about the same distance from my eye as it would be mounted on the rear of a pistol slide. I know I have more points of contact with the carbine so that may aid in faster acquisition...but still.

I like Doc's "bloom" idea for close up. And I love the idea of being able to hit out past 100 yards very fast with a pistol. Can't do very well these days due to presbyopia...

Guess I need to stop farting around and order a Glock Aimpoint plate from Midway or Brownell's this week and see how this setup works on an otherwise stock Glock. Prolly a Gen 2 19 that still has the plastic slot fillers on it.

If it's the beans, may have to get a Lone Wolf slide and RMR.

This could really be salvation for we old guys.
    Last edited by Dan Goodwin; 06-08-10 at 07:09.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. " _ Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Below are some Glocks with 8 MOA RMR’s and Ameriglo suppressor sights done by Mark Housel of L&M Precision Gunworks in Prescott, AZ:

Today, the RMR on the G19 stopped working, however, it was no big deal, as the iron sights worked flawlessly and allowed an immediate transition with no wasted time or missed shots.

Mark Housel can also do RMR’s on M&P’s—just need Ameriglo to finish the initial batch of tall iron sights for the M&P’s:

Bowie Tactical Concepts is another good source for getting RMR’s milled onto Glock and M&P slides.

We've also been trying the Dale Fricke (http://dalefrickeholsters.com) Seraphim IWB holster, as it is specifically designed for use with pistols having an RMR mounted--so far it is working very well when used for IWB at 3-4 o'clock, as well as AIWB at 12 to 1 o'clock or so.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 06-20-10 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Any pricing info for the machine work or a link to One Shot Tactical? Are they out of Canada?

Feedback Score
    I think Doc mean One Source Tactical

We finished up his M&P and sent it out. We are waiting on the suppressor sights for the M&P which should make it as easy to transition from dot to sights as with a cowitnessed rifle.

You can see other pistols at www.onesourcetactical.com. Until we have the M&P suppressor sights available we won't be taking any orders, but the prices should be close to the Glocks.

We are also working on the XD and 1911 pistols for similar treatment.

Doc, what exactly happened with the red dot? Battery failure? If so, I am thinking that not all batteries ae created equal and have the staff experimenting with available options. When we have more data we will post it. In any case, as you found, having the suppressor sights on board makes it easy to transition to the BUIS.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Bowie Tactical Concepts in West Union, Ohio also mills Glock and M&P slides for RDS: http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/pictures.html

------------------------

Unknown why the RMR failed; it may be a battery issue, but I'll let you know after we replace it today.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 06-20-10 at 10:49.

Feedback Score
    Very interested to hear about the failure of the sight, having experienced one myself. (Gun/sight ran great on a Saturday. Pulled it out of the case the next Tuesday, no red dot. Worked the slide a few times and the dot came on.)

I had my second 200 round session with the combination yesterday. Still working toward gaining the comfort level to make this an EDC set up.
    Last edited by 1911sforever; 06-21-10 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    Spoke with Trijicon today--it was a defective RMR that was rapidly draining the battery; it is being repaired/replaced.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast