Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best 22 caliber conversion?

Feedback Score

spikes 22 conversion

I Just traded 2,000 rounds of 17 mach 2 ammo for a new spikes 22 conversion, curious do you guys think thats was a good deal

also will the spikes conversion take the remmington golden ammo ok?

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    no, at least mine didnt. It will cycle Aguila, Federal, and CCI well; copper plated works well.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    I've got 1200 rounds thru my CMMG stainless conversion and have had one FTE just yesterday on my last range trip. The FTE was with the Agilia 60 grain sss ammo which is the most accurate I've found so far in my 1/7 Stag....................ED

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    CMMG conversion kit

great people to deal with,
    Last edited by USAGOLD; 03-27-10 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I had to do a little fine tuning with my CMMG, but ever since it has run flawlessly with Federal bulk, and CCI mini mags. If you want to work on transitioning to your side arm, use Remington golden bullets... they SUCK! The bigest advantage with the spikes kit is the finish and more importantly the extractor. When I overhauled my CMMG I installed a BDM extractor. The part plus shipping brought me up to the cost of a spikes. If I had to do it again I'd go with spikes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    22 tends to be fairly corosive and im not really comfortable shooting it threw my 5.56 so i went with the m&p-15/22 little more spendy but its a good system. and i can set if up exactly the same as my rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nordic components is coming out with their own dedicated upper. It uses a heavier square bolt similar to that of a 10/22 as well as the same extractor so you can switch it out if you want. From pre-production gun reports it sounds very reliable.

Feedback Score
    I've got a Spikes .22LR upper and love it. I love it so much I'm thinking about buying it a matching lower.

Rock River Arms Tactical CAR A4, S&W Bodyguard .380, S&W Model 410 .40 cal, S&W M&P22
    S&W M&P 40, Custom .22LR AR, Mossberg 500

Feedback Score
    I initially bought a TacSol M4 upper. It works great! My grandson likes it so well that I never got to shoot it when we went to the range. I have since purchased a TacSol LT upper and another lower. It's noticeably lighter and my grandson likes it even better than the M4. It also works great. These things are so cheap and fun to shoot they should be illegal!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My stainless CMMG has worked great.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast