Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: gas block roll pin

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

gas block roll pin

i need some help. i just tried calling daniel defense to get the spec directly, but they are gone to SHOT until next tuesday, so no help there.

i have recently purchased a mid length 16" DD S2W barrel with the factory pinned low pro gas block, and also the equivelent gas tube from Rainier. The gas tube did not come with a roll pin for whatever reason to hold it in the gas block.

what i need to know is the spec of that roll pin that holds the gas tube in the block. my local hardware store will definately have one, but i dont know what size/length the roll pin is. can anyone help?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    am i to assume the daniel defense pin is the same spec as the colt?

Description Quantity OAL Large End

Gas tube roll pin 1 0.312 0.081

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a 100ct box waiting for me at Fastenal. 5/64" by 3/8"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I have a related question. I've seen it recommended that the gas tube roll pin should be replaced each time it's removed.

True or false?
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    I have a related question. I've seen it recommended that the gas tube roll pin should be replaced each time it's removed.

True or false?
    All depends on how much damage it sustains. If its not mangled beyond repair then use it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    that the gas tube roll pin should be replaced each time it's removed.

True or false?
    That's basically in regard to roll pins in general, regardless of what they're used for or what size. It's a fantastic tastes great/less filling argument that raged before we were born, and will continue until after we're all dust. Little-known fact: World War One started over Ferdinand being an advocate of re-using roll pins, and it depopulated the continent.

I take a middle road, similar to Travis. If I remove a pin once, and it's not all messed up, I'll re-use. Any more than that....roll pins are cheap, and everywhere. The folks that replace a roll pin any time they remove one do so for sound reasons, though...and roll pins are still cheap.

RH, yes, the roll pin for a gas tube is standard, regardless of what roll-mark's on the gun.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm cheaper than Mark5pt56 when it comes to those pins.

I need to buy a 100 piece bag of them so I can be more liberal with replacing them...

That said... I heard Mark5pt56 could go to a gun show with a gas tube roll pin and trade his way up to a Colt 6920 in a few hours.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm cheaper than Mark5pt56 when it comes to those pins.

I need to buy a 100 piece bag of them so I can be more liberal with replacing them...

That said... I heard Mark5pt56 could go to a gun show with a gas tube roll pin and trade his way up to a Colt 6920 in a few hours.
    Hard to beat Fastenal (I have no financial/personal ties to them). Less than $6 otd.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast