Thread: Double Star and Yankee Hill Lowers?

Feedback Score

Double Star and Yankee Hill Lowers?

Your thoughts on them, thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Doublestar is located about 30mins from my house. You shouldn't go wrong with a DS lower, however I have no experience with YH lowers. I have used DS parts kits before---they work fine for me. My Essential Arms lower with 20" Grendel upper has a DS LPK and the trigger I polished and lightened a little bit. DS rifles sell very well here. Even used in the LE agency I was at.
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ive got 2 double stars and there well built. drilled properly and the finish is good

Feedback Score
    Doublestar is GTG- I have built on 2 kits with these. Very good finish and specs as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yankee Hill is absolutely good to go. Fit and finish are superb and the anodizing appears very durable. I have installed a DPMS LPK in mine without any issues and my dad installed a RRA LPK in his for his build. I'm running a Yankee Hill A2 upper on mine and it fits nice and tight and my dad has mated up an LMT upper receiver to his without issue.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have found Double Star stripped lowers to be "In Spec" with good parts fit and a nice finish. Just an ugly roll mark

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

I have YHM recievers

I have 2 sets of uppers and lowers from these guys and man the fit is tight and finish has been good.

Waiting for my DD barrels from DD and my DD BCG and should almost be finished with my build.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have no experience with Doublestar, but my experience with YHM has been spotty, at best. I'm not impressed by their quality control.

I have had several problems with YHM parts and one REAL BIG problem with their machine services. The good news is their customer service is very good. They repaired the various problems without hesitation or delay, but the "issues" have cropped up far more often than I would have wished.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley