Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TDI KRISS

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

TDI KRISS

Anyone have any experience with this thing? I'm considering jumping on one. The search feature yielded a bunch of dead threads, and I didn't want to start some necromancy.

I had the chance to handle it today at my dealer, and it was silky smooth, lightweight, ergonomic, etc.

Despite it being a totally new platform, it seemed somehow familiar.

I'd originally gone in to see what kind of ACOGs the dealer had, and saw that they still had a KRISS in stock.

On an interesting side note, when I had been to the dealer on November 3rd, there was an entire wall of AR-15s and derivatives. When I went today, they only had two new ARs in stock, both 9mm conversions.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sure would be nice if they released a 9mm version.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I'm all about the .45.

I'm just debating on whether my "end of the year purchase" should be the KRISS or an ACOG.

I'm trying to feel this one out, since it's a pretty sizable investment either way.

The only downside to the KRISS that I can see is that I don't think anyone has it. I'd also be worried about blowing a gunsmith's mind bringing it in for any repair issues.

I got rid of my Beretta CX4, since the mag capacity for the .45 was a joke.

The KRISS has been tickling my fancy for a minute.

The flip ups are almost worth the price of the blaster itself. They are totally Magpulicious.
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 11-26-08 at 14:51.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Awesome, But Picky

These weapons are a blast to shoot, even more-so than others. The weapons tend to be ammo specific though. Kriss-TDI put out a list of approved rounds. Though I believe the problems arrose from using cheaper ammo. The ability to double-tap, do controlled pairs, or contiuous suppression is amazing. Kriss-TDI has, IMHO, the best customer service around. I jumped in on the first offering of carbines and while the initial carbines had some issues, Kriss-TDI was more than eager to get my carbine to 100%. It runs awesome now and if I find my previous post from other sites, I'll give you all a heads up.

K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple Stupid)
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    BTW, TheLandlord think of it this way: Some or all of our gun rights are potentially in jeapordy pending the January Inaguration. They will most likely go after our rights of owning/purchasing firearms and ammunition, before they go after our rigths to purchase scopes and accessories.
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Nice, nice, hardware, Savior 6.

The reliability was something I definitely wanted to know about before venturing on the course of the KRISS. How easy is it to field strip and clean? Another big aspect of the KRISS that concerned me. I have a bad feeling it's a total beast to try and break down.

Despite its looks, it really was a comfortable weapon. I thought for sure it would be awkward, or unwieldy, but it was sitting pretty cozy in my mittens.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    S6: That's what pushed me to think about getting the KRISS once and for all. I'd been wanting one for a while, but never had the chance to lay hands on it. Now that I got to mess with it for a second, I think I'm gonna leap at it.

I think the ACOG fund is now turning into the KRISS fund.

The forthcoming AWB+ is what prompted me to run out three weeks ago, and get probably the last AR-15 I'll ever be able to.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLandlord View Post
    S6:

The forthcoming AWB+ is what prompted me to run out three weeks ago, and get probably the last AR-15 I'll ever be able to.
    I know, it's sad that us law-abiding citizens have to worry about this again.
    Anyway, there are four main take-down pins that are not hard to remove and then the forward/lower half and rear/upper half are pulled right apart. Not too hard to clean. The only comfort problem that I had was during left handed shooting in which I could not actuate the safety with ease. IMO the weapon is better suited as an SBR to reap the benifits, but that depends on your local and state laws. I have to futher add that is truly a "revoltionary" design and a major leap forward in firearms design. IMO it's nice to have a working piece of modern firearms history.
    KAC SR-15 IWS Tan
    KAC SR-25 EMC
    LWRC M6 IC

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    You've got me sold. I haven't heard much about it, period, by an actual end-user, so I was trying to feel this one out.

When I get back from the Thanksgiving Holiday, I'm going to scoot over there and throw some money at the KRISS.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I totally forgot to ask.

Have you tried out the integrated flashlight mount? That looks to be a very excellent integration within the design, to save precious rail space.

As well, do you know anything about adding side rails to it? I didn't see any available from the TDI website; I'm assuming if it was something I wanted to do, I'd have to get some sort of aftermarket rail for it. I have a bad habit of sticking a G2 on every carbine, rifle, and shotgun I have, so if this guy's going to fit in with the rest of the family, it's a must.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast