Thread: pistol system gas tubes

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

pistol system gas tubes

I am not finding any at the normal places I look. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a couple pistol length gas tubes? I have a 338 specter barrel that uses such a gas tube...
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    I am not finding any at the normal places I look. Can anyone recommend a good place to get a couple pistol length gas tubes? I have a 338 specter barrel that uses such a gas tube...
    Check with Rock River Arms and/or DPMS. Both make barrels which is this size. DPMS used these on the 7.5" 5.56mm barrels and Rock River uses them on the .458 SOCOM.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Check with Rock River Arms and/or DPMS. Both make barrels which is this size. DPMS used these on the 7.5" 5.56mm barrels and Rock River uses them on the .458 SOCOM.
    Thanks, I looked at the RRA website about 10 times and cannot find pistol length tubes (which is why I asked here ;-) ). I may end up calling them.

(I think the 458 uses a carbine length tube -- at least the barrel I have does but RRA also has 7 and 10 inch 223/556 guns so you are correct that they offer something with it)

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    Thanks, I looked at the RRA website about 10 times and cannot find pistol length tubes (which is why I asked here ;-) ). I may end up calling them.

(I think the 458 uses a carbine length tube -- at least the barrel I have does but RRA also has 7 and 10 inch 223/556 guns so you are correct that they offer something with it)

Chad
    Rock River doesn't have them listed on the website, but they are available. Just give them a call.
    Chris
    Walker Precision
    FFL/SOT