Thread: Going to the Kershaw factory warehouse sale on Friday

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Going to the Kershaw factory warehouse sale on Friday

75% off Im going to keep an eye out for a D2 steel Outcast bush knife, a camp ax, 8 inch kitchen knife and maybe a folder or two.

Any recommendations on some other models to look for? My knife knowledge is somewhat limited.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Will they also have some Zero Tolerance knives for sale? Those can be quite nice. Sturdy and a bit large, but I think they are a good value for the money. Especially if you can score a cosmetic blem for 75 percent off.

As far as the Kershaw folders are concerned, I'm a fan of the Blur. The model with the Speedsafe opener and a CPM-S30V blade is a good choice, and carried by a lot of people. You might snag one. If you do not like it, you can easily get your money back selling it here.

http://www.kershawknives.com/product...&brand=kershaw

I'd buy it, for instance. Especially if it was a Blur with a non-serrated non-Tanto CPM-S30V blade.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Will they also have some Zero Tolerance knives for sale? Those can be quite nice. Sturdy and a bit large, but I think they are a good value for the money. Especially if you can score a cosmetic blem for 75 percent off.

As far as the Kershaw folders are concerned, I'm a fan of the Blur. The model with the Speedsafe opener and a CPM-S30V blade is a good choice, and carried by a lot of people. You might snag one. If you do not like it, you can easily get your money back selling it here.

http://www.kershawknives.com/product...&brand=kershaw

I'd buy it, for instance. Especially if it was a Blur with a non-serrated non-Tanto CPM-S30V blade.
    It looks like the ZT and Shun products will be offered as well. That Blur looks like a great little folder. I will keep an eye out for it.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Be careful and watch exactly what steel the Blur has. They have been using a Sandvik in the newer ones, which has a lower cost. Some older ones have 440C, which is tolerable.

The older stock is likely better, as it relates to edge retention.

The D2 Outcast is an interesting blade, but the handle feels weird for a lot of people. It may fit you well, it may not. The edge grind is also really broad, and you may want to reprofile it. Just things to watch out for.

Have fun, I wish I was there. The Spyderco Factory seconds sale is also a great time to stock up and save.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Be careful and watch exactly what steel the Blur has. They have been using a Sandvik in the newer ones, which has a lower cost. Some older ones have 440C, which is tolerable.

The older stock is likely better, as it relates to edge retention.

The D2 Outcast is an interesting blade, but the handle feels weird for a lot of people. It may fit you well, it may not. The edge grind is also really broad, and you may want to reprofile it. Just things to watch out for.

Have fun, I wish I was there. The Spyderco Factory seconds sale is also a great time to stock up and save.
    I did some research after reading your post. Sandvik 14C28N stainless steel used in the Blur seems to get good reviews at least on a british blade forum I found.