Thread: distance from top of rail to center of aperture of troy MICRO battle sight

Feedback Score

distance from top of rail to center of aperture of troy MICRO battle sight

Just what the title says. What is the distance from the top of rail to the center of the aperture on the real troy MICRO battlesight. I have a MSAR that I am trying to put BUIS on and I am trying to find something that works.

Just FYI I have the STG-556 model with the slightly higher rail. It is apparently .225'' higher than the E4 rail. I also have the gas block mounted tri-rail system that apparently if used with a "gas-block" height front sight will work with a standard 1.40'' high rear sight on the E4 rail. So by my math if the micro battlesight is in the area of 1.175" ish I would be ok.
    The other option is if the micro battlesight is shorter than that I can maby just use a standard front sight but I cannot for the life of me find the differance between heights of the "gas-block" front sight or standard ones. I could also find the difference if I knew the difference in height between an AR-15 upper-reciever/handguard top rail and a railed gas-block.

I know my head hurts too.
    Last edited by threeheadeddog; 03-04-10 at 18:41.