Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: So it begins...my P90X journey

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT42 View Post

1) What's the most efficient way to monitor and count calories? I've always struggled with this as it seems you have to weigh everything you eat. With some things, like spaghetti, it's hard to know how much sauce is in the serving. Tips would be appreciated as I know you can't out-train the table and counting calories is as important as the exercise itself.
    Honestly a scale is the only way. After you have been weighing your food for few weeks it gets easier to estimate.

As far as pasta sauce goes: make your own. Store bought has a lot of sugar in it. If you make your own you can do it for a quarter of the calories.

Feedback Score
    so is the program really worth it?

Feedback Score
    I did it almost a year ago, and keep meaning to do it again (probably going to do insanity in the mean time, though).

If you can actually make the commitment to follow the nutrition plan and do the workouts as scheduled, the program will absolutely give you results.

But just be warned that it is a time commitment. Some workouts will take you an hour and a half, and it can be easy to say "screw it, I'll just do tomorrows." If you can maintain the discipline to do it, then it is definitely worth it.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    I have a friend who sells P90x and she said she would loan me a set to see if it is something I want to do. Is there anything that I have to buy in order to do this series? By have to buy, I mean the stuff that is mandatory or you just can't do the exercises.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456