Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins...my P90X journey

Feedback Score
    Curious why you chose P90? Seems to be a split with the folks I know, Crossfit and P90.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    Curious why you chose P90? Seems to be a split with the folks I know, Crossfit and P90.
    Honestly, I've never heard of Crossfit. I chose P90X because two of my supervisors and my EMS training officer (all over 55) just finished 90 days and are RIPPED. Three people I know and trust recommended it to me. That's why I chose P90X.
    Last edited by citizensoldier16; 03-17-10 at 00:25. Reason: sepelling nevr wuz my strong soote
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Brother, from experience you are going to need more then an hour to get through it for say at least the first month. The first 30 days are pretty rough, at least they were on me, but it gets significantly better at day 31.

Word of advice, the pause button is your friend.
    “Like a sword, a word can wound or kill, but as long as one does not touch the blade, the sword is no more than a smooth piece of steel. Someone who knows the qualities of a sword does not play with it, and someone who knows the nature of words does not play with them.”-- Miyamoto Misashi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Honestly, I've never heard of Crossfit
    P90 is a good solid conditioning program. I also recommend you check out crossfit.com (FREE). Every program gets stale after a time, if you finnish you may be ready to try something else.

Good luck with your training.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just finished day 2....plyometrics! It's thoroughly kicking my butt and I'll admit, I had to push the pause button 3 times (30 seconds each) but I stuck with it.

I'm not nearly as flexible as the people in the video, so I closely watch the "modified" person in the video and start out with that. If I felt good, I moved into the standard motions. I finished about 10 minutes ago and I'm still sweating!

I did a few extra stretches at the end today because I was pretty sore this morning after yesterday's workout. We'll see if it makes any difference.

Is anyone using the P90X post-workout supplements? I'm just using water and multi-vitamins currently...and some Muscle Milk every other day. Any better suggestions?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    Is anyone using the P90X post-workout supplements? I'm just using water and multi-vitamins currently...and some Muscle Milk every other day. Any better suggestions?
    Endurox R4......Disclaimer: I have not used it but I have seen where others were dicussing how it helped them with the soreness in the early stages of P90x. Something to maybe check on.
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 03-17-10 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks JFreuler, I'll check it out.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I too am about to start p90x. I've lifted weights all my life, but have always hated cardio. I'm hoping it'll be a little easier if I'm following someone as opposed to having to do it on my own. Anyway, I have two questions for veterans of p90x.

1) What's the most efficient way to monitor and count calories? I've always struggled with this as it seems you have to weigh everything you eat. With some things, like spaghetti, it's hard to know how much sauce is in the serving. Tips would be appreciated as I know you can't out-train the table and counting calories is as important as the exercise itself.

2) How much will I miss from the program if I don't do the plyometrics and jumping exercises? I live in an apartment on the second floor and jumping isn't an option as the walls/floors are thin. I plan to move in a couple of months to a first floor apt., but until then, I'll have to take it easy on the jumping.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JFreuler View Post
    Endurox R4......Disclaimer: I have not used it but I have seen where others were dicussing how it helped them with the soreness in the early stages of P90x. Something to maybe check on.
    I used the Endurox R4 for years as a sponsored bike racer. I drank a bottle before my training rides and races, and alternated between Endurox and water each hour during. It works better than alot of the other products I've tried, and it's easier on your stomach. It definately helps prevent alot of the soreness and speeds recovery time.
    Last edited by Quiet-Matt; 04-17-10 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wonder how the OP is doing....

Cameron

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast