Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So it begins...my P90X journey

Feedback Score
    I finished P90X about 1 month ago. It was the hardest thing Ive ever done. I didnt think I had the discipline to work out 6 days per week for 3 months. Never missed a day, social drinking only 1x/month instead of every weekend.

I lost 24lbs and most of the gut I had been building since HS 10yrs ago. I feel great now and have been eating well and occasioanlly working out to maintain it.

OP-how you doing on it?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Well, I suppose I should come back and update everyone. Shortly after starting this I found out I had kidney stones. I believe everything is cleared up and I will be re-starting my P90X journey. I have a challenge with one of my friends so it will keep me motivated to hit it hard. I promise to provide updates. 1 May is the start date.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    good luck with bouncing back bro.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Kidney stone removed today via surgery. I figure after a good recovery this week I will start fresh on Monday with my P90X again. This time my friend and I have a challenge in place. My the best man win.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    Good luck to you!

I'm on day 75 and have definitely changed my body composition. I'm a bit frustrated because I'm only showing a 2 pack. My buddy told me that's the hardest since he finished P90X and only has a 4 pack.
    If I don't get the 6 pack by day 90 I may repeat the P90X, but on "Lean" this time instead of "Classic".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Out of curiosity, how many of yall are sticking with the Rx eating plan that comes with it?

BTW, I had P90x for two days. After the second day (plyometrics) I got a knock on the door from my landlord and said I would be evicted if I made that much noise again. So now I'm starting crossfit next month. I think they are both good programs and just like anything, if you stick with it, you will see results.

Good luck OP. The host isn't lying when he says the workouts are extreme. They really kick your ass.

Feedback Score
    My wife did P90x after our second baby. She did the 90 days but didn't follow the diet program and she still got in great shape. I myself am adding some of the training days into my own workout plan. It is a great workout and like others said, you get what you put into it. Good luck bro!
    Last edited by Dog Tags; 05-09-10 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many of yall are sticking with the Rx eating plan that comes with it?
    I use it as a guideline but don't follow it religiously.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    I just finished day 30 of my fourth time through the program.

The eating plan is there so you can have the energy to really push yourself through the workout, not for weight loss. Its a completely different experience without it. The only time I dont follow it 100% is durring the recovery week when you're not pushing yourself as hard.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    My wife's boss lent my the DVD's but no guides or anything, can I buy them somewhere?

Also, what is the bare minimum equipment I need to start?
    "I'm not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The... tactleneck! - Sterling Archer"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important
    than one's fear. The timid presume it is lack of fear that allows the brave to act when the timid do not."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast