I have a set of LG405s on a current production S&W 642 no lock. Excellent product, makes a huge difference for me when shooting it. But, I have an issue with them I'd like advice on.

The master on/off switch on the bottom of the grip would turn off under recoil every once in awhile. I assumed it was due to a combination of lightweight revolver and heavy recoil because I could rub my finger across the switch and it would never catch it, so it must have been due to recoil. It bugged me but not real bad. I decided to contact CT anyway about replacing them. They were more than accomodating and after receiving my old set they sent me a new set.

Finally got to the range twice in the last week. This set is worse than the last set. Today on one cylinder alone it shut off twice in 5 rounds. It happens with both loads I shoot, Winchester 130gr. FMJ and Speer Gold Dot 135gr.+P.

I guess I'll contact them again to get another replacement set. But while I'm waiting for an outcome I was wondering if this happens with anyone else on here? If so, is there a solution besides trying different sets till you get a "good" one or is there something I can wedge in the recess to prevent the switch from moving?

I don't want to give up on them thats for sure. And I've tried the 105s, don't like them. The activation switch is more recessed in the grip than with the 405s and its harder for my middle finger to make contact with my grip. I end up with a flickering laser.

Any help would be appreciated.