Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What boots?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

What boots?

What are folks choice for training, range, everyday use. I have seen so many different kinds in folks pictures that I thought I would see what folks are using. Post pics and brief description/review if you don't mind.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    Work boots: Ranger Joe ripple sole desert tan combat boot's
    Everything else boots: Danner combat hiker boots

The Ranger Joe boots are really nice. Broke in quickly and are very flexible and have taken a beating over the time I've had em. They have amazing forwards traction, but when it comes to lateral or rear traction... well, your just SOL. Ruined a set of ACU's like that. But otherwise they have great ankle support and have been amazing for me even with the standard sole inserts. They're cut a bit longer than the issue boots. Defiantly a Hot weather boot.

The Danners are just plain amazing, short cut boot comfy and warm on the inside hard and rubbery on the outside. great for hiking and walking on slick surfaces. I've only worn em a few times (still have that new boot smell to em ) but i highly recommend them. I'm a pretty big guy, and in these boots it's just amazing!!
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    Matterhorn,Extreme, lace to toe, great boots, yet, pricier than most, sorry (no pics) they are on my "dogs" as we speak. busted my butt on the range a time or two, not since wearing these. they have a good selection all over the web.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I got the OTB DesertLite and love them. Very breathable. Got them from GreyGroup's site
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Danner USMC Temperate boots (regular everyday boots) & Converse Stealth Boots with zipper (wore these in Iraq on my deployment).
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    Danner's. That is all I have worn on duty for the past 6 or so years.

Upstate NY Otsego Lake area, Fl, Carib. & Panama, depending on the sailing season and my mood.
    Feedback Score
    Danner- Ft. Lewis
    Uninsulated.

La. police gear for $259 +S&H

I have worn these boots (not the same pair) since the 80's and have yet to find a pair of boots that are comparable.

These are serious boots for serious stuff.

I'm on my 3rd pair in 20 years. And probably could have been on the second only but I got mine serious bad contaminated in N.O. during my deployment post Katrina and had to shit can them.

That's just one more thing about that deployment that just pisses me off.

Anyway, go Danner and be happy.
    Ed Fernley
    Pathfinder Operations
    Semper Primus!

"I'M THE ONE WHO BARKED AT THUNDER, ROARED AT LIGHTENING, MADE DEATH WONDER."

AND

“Wherever I go, everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.
    Wherever I am, anyone in need has a friend.
    Whenever I return home, everyone is happy I am there.
    It's a better life!”- Robert L. Humphrey “Warriors Creed"

"John has a long mustache."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Pretty much all Haix all the time for me. Picked up a pair at SHOT 2009 at the recommendation of a coworker and liked them enough that I ordered another 2 pairs in January. The Airpower P6 High, Airpower P9 Desert and GSG9-S are what I wear 95% of the time.

One thing I like about them is the extended wear program. For $75 they resole, clean, restitch, replace hardware/insoles and relace the boots and ship 'em back. Beats dropping another $200 on a pair of boots.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I recently picked up a pair of Lowa Zephyr GTX Mid hiking boots. They are super comfortable, light, and are extremely well constructed. They will be my summer time/dry weather training boot. I also wear them regularly at work (Plain clothes LE work).

While the Lowa's are Gore-Tex/water-proof, I prefer to wear my full leather Asolo TPS 520 GTX for rainy and winter weather conditions. I have had the same pair of Asolo 520's for 5 years (5 full Chicago winters!), and they are still going strong.
    Last edited by nickdrak; 03-04-10 at 02:51.

Feedback Score
    Vasque Sundowner Classics or OTB Thor boots (both with green superfeet insoles) for daily use. The Vasques are pretty good in cold and wet too, but if it's extreme I'll wear Danner 8" Recon boots.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast