Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Peters Custom Holsters

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Article in original link updated. Images to follow, text reprinted below.

Putting the Holster to Work

Typically I would "dry run" a product prior to taking it out on the range, but Peters was good enough to get me this holster just before I left for a three day course with Frank Garcia at the Universal Tactical Academy for 2,000 rounds of handgun shooting (and another 800 of carbine). After Training Day 1 (TD1) we were already over 1,000 rounds. Doing the math and figuring on average number of shots fired per drill being 4, and ignoring initial dryfire practice, that is over 250 draw strokes in just one day. While tight in the first few dozen presentations, and a few kydex shavings, the holster broke in very well and very quickly.

A few rubbing areas arose. The first of which was the sweat guard on the back. While potentially a good idea on a concealment holster, I found that it was unnecessary on a holster intended for use on a padded belt system, and in fact that it rubbed a bit on my thumb on the draw stroke. Additionally, the triggerguard area bows out a bit in order to be able to holster the pistol with the light attached. I would prefer to see it cut down just a little bit as after 250+ presentations the social finger on my right hand was beginning to get a little worn.

Both of these are minor concerns in the global scheme of things that only came to light with the high number of repetitions. Yes, I would prefer to see them addressed but I do not find them to be deal breakers at all, and understand why they are the way they are. If the triggerguard area is cut down the way I'd like it the area behind the trigger (although not the trigger itself) will be more exposed.

Otherwise the holster retained the pistol when it was supposed to, and released it when it needed to, every time without issue. Once the initial break-in of a few dozen draw strokes were over one-handed re-holstering without looking was easy. The holster stayed put on the belt, and protected the gun. All of these things combined mean that the holster did it's job.

Training Day 2 (TD2) pushed the round count up over 2,000 and so put the number of presentations up over 500. The rubbing areas from the day before became more pronounced and evident as the raw skin from the previous day was made more raw. Surprisingly the sweat guard portion rubbing on the thumb was less of an issue than the triggerguard area rubbing on the social finger. This is something that any lesser number of presentations in a lower round-count class or a match would never expose. I would probably never notice it again once the finger heals from this class, but I would still prefer to see it cut down slightly and perhaps smoothed out a bit. I'm going to try hitting it with some sandpaper to smooth it out slightly first.

The issue has to do with the way a holster has to be constructed to work with a weaponlight attached to the pistol. On a holster for the pistol only the Kydex would be formed such that it would be close to the triggerguard of the pistol and therefore would not be in the way of the social finger and can be cut higher so that it covers the entire triggerguard. When the light is added, width is added, and a clear channel must exist from the mouth of the holster all the way to the bottom of the holster for the light body and switch to pass through. I intend to order a holster identical to this one but for the Glock 19 without light and will post pictures comparing the two to further illustrate my point once I have the other holster in hand.

I have marked up the area of the holster that is giving me trouble and I am going to be cutting it down myself and rounding off the edges to eliminate the rubbing.

Feedback Score
    Yep,I did the same, e-mail a couples of time and no response,I e-mail again now.Let see what happen. I didn't see the holster with light attached in the options for a G21.

Feedback Score
    looks great. how long was the turnaround ? I need a new holster for my SA 1911.

would be nice to have a holster with MOLLE attachment. I have an ATS MOLLE belt.
    Last edited by Impact; 03-10-10 at 23:40.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    l
    would be nice to have a holster with MOLLE attachment. I have an ATS MOLLE belt.
    The Spada is available with a MOLLE attachment.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    What lights are they available for? I read about the X300, but what about other brands? (TLR1, M-3)
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    just got my IWB Peters Holster in for m G19. The leather loops are nice. The lack of bulk is very comfortable. So far I am impressed.

Feedback Score
    pics?

Quote Originally Posted by David Thomas View Post
    just got my IWB Peters Holster in for m G19. The leather loops are nice. The lack of bulk is very comfortable. So far I am impressed.

Feedback Score
    This holster looks good for use on the warbelt, but has anybody used it for OWB carry that also has used a Raven Phantom similarly set up for OWB? I'm interested if its more concealable or not.

Would rather not wait the 60+ days for another Raven and wait the 3 weeks for the Spada.

Feedback Score
    Want to know if the SPADA ,you can change the MOLLE attachment and use with regular belt. only 1 holster for both.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRMAN45ACP View Post
    Want to know if the SPADA ,you can change the MOLLE attachment and use with regular belt. only 1 holster for both.
    Yes, it is interchangeable. Just separate attachments.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast