Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have three choices in Self defense ammo.

Feedback Score
    I don't do Magtech. I had a bad experiance many years ago. I don't know if they fixed their QC issue, but.....

So it is up to Gold Dot 115 and Golden Saber 147.
    I like 147gr better than 115gr.
    I like Gold dot better than Gold Saber.

Which one do you and your gun shoot better?
    I think either will do fine as long as you do your part.
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
    I don't do Magtech. I had a bad experiance many years ago. I don't know if they fixed their QC issue, but.....

So it is up to Gold Dot 115 and Golden Saber 147.
    I like 147gr better than 115gr.
    I like Gold dot better than Gold Saber.

Which one do you and your gun shoot better?
    I think either will do fine as long as you do your part.
    After over 42 years shooting every type of gun and ammo / caliber combination I shoot everything equally well, my favorite loads in 9mm are the Gold Dot 124+P or the Ranger 127+P+ but I can not find them anywhere and until I do I am settled with the Golden Saber 147's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Slayer View Post
    After over 42 years shooting every type of gun and ammo / caliber combination I shoot everything equally well, my favorite loads in 9mm are the Gold Dot 124+P or the Ranger 127+P+ but I can not find them anywhere and until I do I am settled with the Golden Saber 147's.
    How does the gun shoot them?
    Is one more accurate than the other?
    Is one more reliable than the other?

I would think after 42 years of shooting you would learn to buy it cheap and stack it deep.
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
    How does the gun shoot them?
    Is one more accurate than the other?
    Is one more reliable than the other?

I would think after 42 years of shooting you would learn to buy it cheap and stack it deep.
    They are all accurate within the combat accuracy parameters, they all are reliable because I have a Glock 19 and a Glock 26.

To stack them deep is based on the economy, I had them stacked deep in 40 caliber and 45, but now I switched to 9mm which I had no SD ammo for because I had no 9mm carry guns and it is hard to buy 20 rounds for 20 to 30 dollars and stack them deep.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12