Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternatives to Aimpoint...?

Feedback Score

Alternatives to Aimpoint...?

I'm looking for a red dot for my AR-15 (.223). After some research, I've fallen in love with the Aimpoint CompC3 30mm red dot. I know the pros and cons when comparing to other Aimpoint red dots, and even though its one of the "lower end" Aimpoint models, it has everything I need.

I saw that SWFA has a pretty good deal for a kit, which includes covers and a ring, for $400 which they are also selling on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Aimpoint-CompC3-...item2ea7f7beb2

Frankly, I don't have $400 to spend on an optic. I still want a red dot with unlimited eye relief, a 2 or 4 MOA dot, and a product that won't fall apart after 100 rounds like many of the lower end products. I'd prefer to NOT get an eotech holographic sight, since I am not a fan of those reticles and they are also expensive. I'd like to spend between $100-250 for my optic.... but there is still the possibility of waiting a few more months to save up for an aimpoint.

Does anyone have experience or recommendations for a red dot that is still decent yet at a lower price point. I'll only be shooting the weapon with this optic at 50-200 yds. and this will be my first red dot sight.

Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i've gotten compc3s from this guy for $320-$350 before. this is the highest i've seen his starting price, though, so maybe that's lower than he'll go right now, but you get 3 tries. i'd make offer at $330, then 50, then like 75 or 80 and see what happen.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aimpoint-CompC3-...#ht_1365wt_940

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    to answer the question, you really dont want to spend money on a cheap optic.. they're still "expensive" but dont even begin to approach the quality of a C3. the C3 is the least expensive and has the least features, but it's still very high quality. i'm a cheapskate from hell- this is my optic of choice.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Black is right. If you skimp, you'll know it. For a red dot... aimpoint is the only logical choice. Just look at the battery life... enough said.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Like the others said above! Caveat emptor. But, since you asked about 'alter-natives' how about maybe possibly try looking into IOR Valdada's R.D.S. Edge. If I'm not mistaken, Rainier Arms has them. Also try contacting Grant of G&R Tactical, he may still offer Aimpoints for M4C members.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    black?

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Lol

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    black?
    Blacker than OJ!!!

Feedback Score
    While I do agree with the others. I have heard good thing about the Vortex Strykfire. there not an AP, but if you buy it knowing that I would think you would be pleased from what I've read. FYI my buddy just got one I will chime in when he receives to give you my impressions. Also, they come with a mount and a 2x magnifier for around $150...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Haha. Shoot. I hate predictive text. *bk... not black.
    Acta Non Verba

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast