I have been using an aimpoint Comp ML2 for a while and recently picked up a Eotech XPS 2-0. The eotech runs about 470 and comes with a factory mount, the aimpoint is 516 with a larue mount through Larue. The prices are very close. The aimpoint micro is a bit more.

The reticle on the eotech is nice. It has a very crisp dot in the middle with the outer ring. The outer ring is pixelated but it doesnt detract from its usefulness. With this version of the eotech you can get a reticle that only has the dot just like the aimpoint. The one thing I noticed with the eotech is that it doesnt seem to get the flare that the aimpoint does when it is at max illumination. But I believe that the aimpoint is brighter and the flare goes away if your actually using the full illumintion in a setting with high ambient light. The one thing that has bothered me with the aimpoint is when using it with a 3X magnifier. With the magnifier regardless of the illumination level I always seem to have a tail on the dot. I cannot get the dot to appear perfectly round and sharp. I have not used a magnifier with the eotech.

With the eotech every time you turn it on it goes to max illumination. At least with the model I have there is no way for it to remember the last setting it was on. With my aimpoint I just leave it on the setting I want. Another advantage with the aimpoint is that it easier to adjust the illumination levels. With a rotating knob you can visually see or index where you want to set the illumination level. With the eotech you have to watch the reticle while you turn it up or down.

One of the primary things I like better about the aimpoint is that because of the battery life I can leave it on all the time. If I need the rifle I can just pick it up and it is ready to go. With the eotech you will have to turn on the reticle and then adjust it the illumination level you want.

As far as the optic shape and window size I give a slight advantage to the aimpoint. This is more of a preference thing and I dont think there is a big advantage to a square versus round window.