Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SCAR Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    Since I am not a fan of the SCARS looks at all, I do have to say this one caught my eye...Of course mine would be all black.
    er, you can buy one of those in black. that's a picture of an airsoft rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    er, you can buy one of those in black. that's a picture of an airsoft rifle.

You cannot buy one in all black WITH a grenade/flare launcher. Like I said I like the looks of a SCAR with a built in launcher.
    Last edited by Endless; 03-24-10 at 00:31.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buddyhoohaw View Post
    Damn you and your sweet ass optics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats okay, Im saving up for a TA31ecos formy SCAR. How much did the Magpul selector cost?
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The SCAR is growning on me more and more each day!!! Thinking of making the SCAR my #1 priority rifle to get this year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 99HMC4 View Post
    Damn you and your sweet ass optics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thats okay, Im saving up for a TA31ecos formy SCAR. How much did the Magpul selector cost?
    The TA31ECOS is nice and on my list of potential optics for SCAR-H. I believe the MagPul selectors are around $20.00.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Another vote for the SCAR. I'm a died in the wool M4 lover, but the SCAR really is a great handling firearm. The Elcan has held up for me, but there are definitely haters. I'd like to try an ACOG at some point for comparison. Worst aspect is a suitable/acceptable sling attachment method. I'm running mash hooks and while they are okay, they're not perfect. I had the bbl. cut back and the SF brake pinned on. This set up has nearly zero muzzle rise.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5Bshooter View Post
    Another vote for the SCAR. I'm a died in the wool M4 lover, but the SCAR really is a great handling firearm. The Elcan has held up for me, but there are definitely haters. I'd like to try an ACOG at some point for comparison. Worst aspect is a suitable/acceptable sling attachment method. I'm running mash hooks and while they are okay, they're not perfect. I had the bbl. cut back and the SF brake pinned on. This set up has nearly zero muzzle rise.

Very nice! Who did the barrel work for you?

Stephen

Feedback Score
    Here's mine. I am really starting to prefer it over my M4.

Left hand side.

Insight Technologies dual pressure switch.

Magpul selector.

Folding rear sight.

Piston and plug.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    You cannot buy one in all black WITH a grenade/flare launcher. Like I said I like the looks of a SCAR with a built in launcher.
    You never said that.

Furthermore you posted a picture of a damn airsoft rifle to begin with.

Stephen, good stuff. How do you like the SOPMOD Block II stuff?
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 03-24-10 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen_H View Post
    Here's mine. I am really starting to prefer it over my M4.
    Nice rig man. I agree that the SCAR platform has a lot going for it, but as a collective improvement over a M4, not necessarily any one specific thing. I shoot it now almost exclusively and am really looking forward to the SCAR-H's hitting the market. That may be the only rifle that could dislodge my Leonidas as my TEOTWAWKI weapon.

Scottsdale Gun Clubs gunsmithing dept. did the snip job. Very clean and professional work. Rifle suffered no loss of accuracy that I can tell. Speaking of which, have you found a favorite projo weight or factory load yet? I've shot various 55, 62, and 75~77 graiiners with no clear "winner" accuracy wise. Since I have a lot of M855, that's what I shoot the most of, but it's nothing special [2"~3" at 100y]. That is perfectly fine for what the rifle + optic combo is intended for, but is not overly "WOW!"

edited to add: Also Stephen, I'm sure you covered it elsewhere, but how did you do the stripling job on the TD stubby VFG? That looks great and I would like to try that myself. Any links?

Thank you!
    Last edited by 5Bshooter; 03-24-10 at 09:40.

Page 6 of 115 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast