Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front sight question... Please help!!

Feedback Score

Question Front sight question... Please help!!

Ok guys i got another question.

As some of you know i got my first AR 15 yesterday.

Is it possible for me to remove this front sight off of it?

I would like to put one of the flip up sights on it. Like one that i can hide away and just flip it back up when i want to use it, or incase my tasco (later on to be eotech) red dot goes out.

Feedback Score
    Oh and can you post some links to some nice / cheap flip up front / rear sights that will be easy to put.

I was thinking the Magpul ones

Feedback Score
    buy once cry once. pay more for it upfront and you wont have to worry about it breaking down on you later on down the road. plus this is something that should be done by a skilled armorer. but to answer your question:

here's one
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Vltor...tower%201c.htm

or this
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=588
    and get a longer rail, a free float one then put the magpul MBUS on top the FF rail.

but either way, your gonna need a qualified armorer to do the work. it's not like a lego set that anyone and their 2month old kid can pick up and modify ya know?

hope that helps!
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    So i would have to find someone good with guns to change it out for me?
    I figured i could just knock those pins out and it would come off.

I really dont know anyone that does that kind of stuff around here. Idk what to do now cause that front sight is in my way.

Feedback Score
    from my understanding of your previous posts, you need a riser for your optic, and the sights will be out of your field of view for the most part. or just buy a better optic i.e. EOtech 552 or the like (as you have mentioned your interested in EOtech)

Most gun stores have a qualified gunsmith that could help you out. at a cost of course, nothing in this world is free but make sure you go to a good gunsmith, don't want someone who just got on their shift, whom after 12shots of Jack puts your sight halfasscrooked. haha but what I would do in your situation.. save up to buy an Aimpoint or EOtech, whichever you prefer.
    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
    -Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Do you have any of those tools? Or the experience? I mean I'm sure you could do it yourself, but it would highly behoove you to get a qualified armorer to do it. All in all it's your weapon and we can't tell you what to do with your weapon.

And that's all I have to say on that note.
    -Ernest Hemingway

Feedback Score
    well im new to them, but all he done was drive those pins out , it couldn't be that hard.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    3/32nds punch and a hammer.. a vise is better, but you gotta make a jig for it.

but i have a better idea.... USE YOUR IRONS TILL YOU CAN AFFORD A BETTER RDS!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    ...i have a better idea.... USE YOUR IRONS TILL YOU CAN AFFORD A BETTER RDS!
    Good advice...

It's funny, I've been going through these threads for what seems like days and you've said this over and over again. I wonder if he'll listen???
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast