Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KAC and Larue Rails...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i'm also considering a kac ris, have no idea where to start, paul i'll wait till you get yours running then we'll have a look in person.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    WRT to the URX -- who the F&%$ knows -- I was speaking with Dave "coldblue" Lutz VP of MIL OPS for KAC. At the time the lead was a week or two out for civilian sale URXII's.

However I have noticed that URX's are showing up on someother stuff these days -- and that may be why KAC canned the civilian release -- No idea I'm out of the loop here.

I have 4 URX 5.56mm rifles and 1 7.62mm.

I'm currently running the 16" middy here - and this gun has been deployed to Afghan and Iraq.

A pic of a 11.5 I got from Dave

I have a 11.5 Noveske setup in the same manner - and if I get back to the world will get some pics up.

and another of the M4A1 with URX
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    Yes I definitely like the VLTOR upper, and I don't recall price on the VIS, but isn't it around $600-ish, or is that the MUR system??? I do like the like the look of that VIS, and I've always thought that it resembled the bold lines of the Stoner rifle uppers too.

I don't mind spending some jack, but I was really feeling like $400-ish for the KAC rails was a lot!

I really am not interested in anything from Troy or MI. Samson MIGHT be a possibility.

I don't have an EXTREME need for a continuous rail, but I love the look of them, and regardless of how some guys on this forum like to bash me, I just don't spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a weapon or weapon mods, that don't look good to me.
    Now I don't feel like EVERYTHING has to look like a million bucks on my rifle, but I certainly don't spend top dollar on quality accessories if they don't look great to me.
    I have always wanted to build a rifle that had a continuous rail, and I have always wanted a KAC rail as well, and now I've built 3 AR's ALL without continuos rails.
    It is time I built one the way I WANT it.

Larue is still appealing to me, even though it's not continuous. Maybe I'll go with Larue until a URX is available... DD is looking good too...

Never understood why guys buy a Great Quality AR15 like Colt & LMT

Then turn and buy Cheap Rails etc!

I agree you can have it 100% and still look good

I chose the KAC RAS along with there VFG For my Defender M4

Main reason Good company, Rock Solid
    And To easy to install.

I like Larue also

I have there CANTILEVER Mount for my old aimpoint ML2
    it repeats the zero when takeing off/on and stays on zero
    Very solid

I do wish it was TAD Longer

THe DD rails are also great and pretty lite

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    WRT to the URX -- who the F&%$ knows -- I was speaking with Dave "coldblue" Lutz VP of MIL OPS for KAC. At the time the lead was a week or two out for civilian sale URXII's.

However I have noticed that URX's are showing up on someother stuff these days -- and that may be why KAC canned the civilian release -- No idea I'm out of the loop here.

I have 4 URX 5.56mm rifles and 1 7.62mm.

I'm currently running the 16" middy here - and this gun has been deployed to Afghan and Iraq.

A pic of a 11.5 I got from Dave

I have a 11.5 Noveske setup in the same manner - and if I get back to the world will get some pics up.

and another of the M4A1 with URX
    On the Middy

Will that mount & scope work with a Fixed FSB on a M4

Been wanting to add a scope to one of my LMT M4`s

Been useing just a ML2 & 551 ( not the best for TARGET shooting )

with Black Hills old blue 75gr/77gr and white box mk262

I can get 5rds to touch / clover AT 50 yards

useing a ammo can for a rest

I like to see what these 14.5 LMT barrels really can do

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Paul,

Please excuse the "look at all the stuff I can bolt to my gun" picture, but another option for you may be the Vltor VIS. Its available in carbine, mid, or rifle length, and is a one piece unit.

LOVE THE STERILE LOOK OF THAT LOWER !!

Feedback Score
    Damnnit, those pics are kick ass guys. Thanks for posting KevinB!
    I guess I gotta stop screwing around and just go with a damn Daniel Defense 7.0 Lite Rail... It's a bad ass rail too I guess... Weighs almost HALF of what the KAC URX 7.0 does...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can post a few more D 7.0 Lite rails, and at least it may give you a better idea if you like what you see.

FDE version
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Stick

Feedback Score

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast