Thread: Fixed or Flip Up Front Sight

Feedback Score

Fixed or Flip Up Front Sight

Ok got two new stripped lowers last night....consecutive SN's to another lower that's being SBR'd right now. So one of these 2 new ones is going to get built into a 16" carbine and the other something between a carbine and SPR.

SO...thinking of doing one of these with a regular gas block and the Daniel Defense OMEGAX 12 FSP Rail, but it's been a long time since I had anything but flip ups on an AR-15.

Talk me into it, or out of it.

Feedback Score
    I approached it from the opposite perspective when building my last to AR's.

On one of them I wanted an EOTech as my primary and I liked the way it sat low, so I used folding sights and absolute co-witness.
    On the other, I already had a riser and an AimPoint so I used a regular FSB and 1/3 co-witness.
    My next build will either be with a Millet 1x24DMS or a GRSC CRS , by the time that's done I should be thoroughly confuzzled.
    Last edited by 4thPointOfContact; 03-11-10 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    yeah i've got another build with a high mounted Aimpoint Compm2 and I've been sitting here looking through it over and over again with the front sight flipped up trying to decide if it bothers me or not.

Think I'm making this harder than its supposed to be haha