Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 12.7'' barrel + AAC Blackout FH M.I.T.E.R. mount = Legal non registered SBR?

Feedback Score

Lightbulb 12.7'' barrel + AAC Blackout FH M.I.T.E.R. mount = Legal non registered SBR?

Would I be able to get this permanently attached and not have to get the SBR registered, and just register my suppressor? I'm planning my next build and I am trying to register as little as possible.

Also is there away to install a DIAS and still use the LWRCi trigger assembly.

I love LWRCi's triggers and don't want to replace it, but I want it to run full auto, and full auto suppressed.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I doubt it becuase the AAC SPR mount is 4.25" long but it slips back over the barrel 2.5" so your really only adding 1.25" to the total lenght of the barrel/weapon. 12.7" plus 1.25" is only around 14-14.5" which is still considered SBR lenght. If you wanted to do a 14.5" you could get away with your original idea.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As long as the flash hider is 3.3" or longer, and blind pinned and soldered, you should be fine for not having to register...

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Legal, non-registered SBR is an oxymoron. It's either a registered SBR, or it's contraband.

Also, there should only be discussion of RDIAS', not just DIAS as the drop-in auto sears all need to be registered as well, and then the lower would be a MG while it was installed, negating the need for an SBR tax while installed.

If this turns out to be a thread where someone springs the, "Not for me, I'm an 07/02 Manufacturer" I am simply going to lock accounts as we aren't going to play those games here.

Discuss legal items and configurations, or post somewhere else on the internet. Everyone clear? Good.

Feedback Score

Unhappy

^^ Sorry, I wasn't discussing an illegal set, if I installed a DIAS I would register it, obviously.

I didn't know what the "R" in "DIAS" meant.

Feedback Score
    R=registered

Feedback Score
    I get that now. Thanks though.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    ^^ Sorry, I wasn't discussing an illegal set, if I installed a DIAS I would register it, obviously.

I didn't know what the "R" in "DIAS" meant.
    Drop-in auto sears that you can currently purchase legally, while in possession of an AR, would be registered as machine guns already. You would have to do a transfer on a Form 4 to get one.

Anything else for sale that isn't already on a Form 3 at dealer, Form 4 for personal, and maybe on a Form 1 if someone made one prior to '86, is most likely an ATF sting of some sort...be aware.

I would suggest reading a lot more of our NFA section, and maybe even venturing over to AR15.com's NFA and Class III section -- if you go there, look for any posts specifically by tony_k, for solid information.

Feedback Score

Question

Let me see if I understand this correctly first.

If I have a weapon registered as an automatic rifle, I wouldn't have to SBR it?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Let me see if I understand this correctly first.

If I have a weapon registered as an automatic rifle, I wouldn't have to SBR it?
    you can't register a weapon as an automatic rifle.. all transferable machineguns had to be registered before 1986 before the machinegun ban. if you have a machinegun, you can have whatever length barrel you want, as the weapon's already a registered NFA item. if an RDIAS is attached to a weapon, i suppose the whole of the weapon is considered no different than a machinegun, so you could put an SBR upper on in.. but the moment you took the RDIAS out, you'd be in possession of an unregistered SBR. RDIASs generally go for 10-15 grand.. so that's a spendy way to SBR.

isnt NFA wonderful?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast