Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you shop for your lowers/uppers?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Where do you shop for your lowers/uppers?

I was thinking about putting together my next AR instead of just buying a whole one. Are there any good websites you guys go to that is kind of a one stop shop and has good prices as well? Lowers stripped and complete, parts kids, just all the stuff it takes. I see Brownells has lowers of all types and various other stuff...how do their prices compare to others?

Or do most of you just look around until you find what you're looking for somewhere that has a good price? I've already found a few sites that I didn't know about through you guys here in some of your posts, so I try to read as much as I can.
    Last edited by TxSoldier; 03-11-10 at 21:55. Reason: Info

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    gandrtactical.com
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any good gun store will do. Latest lower build came from Spikes----bought it because it was cheap, but realized I didn't need it. So I sold it to a store from which I purchased the stock. Most stripped lowers around here are either SW, RRA, or Doublestar. There are a few other brands but nothing much. Realizing that LPKs are a better deal online than locally too. And nobody around here carries milspec buffer tubes. Everything is commercial m4gery type stocks. Nothing nice like Vltor or LMT/KAC stocks. 1 store locally has magpul stocks, but they've had them for a while....
    30 caliber junkie.

God Bless America.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i get most uppers from bravo.. they've always got something i need, and savings on shipping for combining purchases usually offsets any couple-dolla savings i might find elsewhere. plus they're really cheep now... $430 range for LMT/BCMs.

lowers- usually gunbroker, now that i think about it. out of the last 10 or so i've bought, probably 7 or 8 came from gunbroker. usually find great deals. can usually find decent deals on LPKs there too.

otherwise, bravo, again, when they have CMT in stock. i also generally get my stocks there. i usually get barrels and handguards from rainier arms.. they're ~generally~ a wee bit more expensive for most stuff, but i they either always have what i'm looking for or are cheaper for handguards. they get great barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for all the great replies so far guys, I appreciate it.

Feedback Score
    Texastacticalgear.com is my friendly neighborhood arms merchant.

Feedback Score
    G & R Tactical and Bravo Company USA (BCM).
    Last edited by DTHN2LGS; 03-13-10 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Uppers: BCM, LaRue, Noveske, Gun Gallery, LMT

Lowers: LaRue, Noveske, LMT (all local)

If you are in TX check out Quantico Tactical for complete LMT lowers. They are right outside Ft. Hood, and have mil discounts too. They also sell LMT uppers along with S&W guns among others.

For parts and accessories I shop BCM and PK Firearms most often.

LaRue for optics and mounts. With their combo deals its usually around the same price as buying the same optic from somewhere else minus the mount. They are also in TX and are definitely GTG.

Feedback Score
    Hard to beat Bravo Company USA...

When I got a hard to find part I go looking at Brownells, though they usually aren't the cheapest, they're not terribly high.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If I'm looking for something specific that I'm sure I'm going to keep for myself or people that have my back then I go to gandrtactical.com or bravocompanyusa.com.
    If I'm just looking for the best deal and don't care about pretty or customer service then I check the two above plus go to GB, or whoever has a deal on their website. These would be for lowers I'm just looking to make $$$ on.

Brownell's is a good place to find anything you may need, but expect to pay full retail. My local guy sells CDD stripped lowers for $199 and brownell's mags for $30 so I no longer do buisiness with them.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast