Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IA - Bad news.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macx View Post
    We need to start making sure that passing such legislation = career death. All a politician has to do to become a garbage colletor is advance this kind of B.S. it is anti-American and it is time for it to stop.
    I hope more Americans wake up to this sort of legislation being passed that could effectively strip them of their rights the instant that they cross the wrong ex GF, etc. I can see many vindictive people using this legislation as blackmail- like "give me what I want or lose your guns forever".
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    That is exactly how I see it too. Exactly the reason that the last woman before my wife didn't become my wife . . . when we'd argue (and I don't mean about anything significant, I am talking about when she'd get pissed about me spending my money on Pilot G2 ink pens when I could get twice as many cheap Bic's for 1/2 the price) she'd get all psycho and just had no regard for how some of her behavior could have an impact on my long term rights. Out the door she went & thankfully I cut her loose before any damage was done to my rights. A lot of guys don't see it coming or don't get out when they do . . . "couldn't happen to me because I'd never hit a woman" has bitten too many men in the butt, when they get schooled in "burden of proof".

Legislation like this sets guys up for a terrible future. One where she can smack you around because she is 98 lbs and can't do credible damage anyway, but if you block a blow it could leave a bruise that will end your rights. It is like so much of the other zero tolerance crap. By legislating discretion out of law enforcement's jurisdiction, Justice is raped a bit, and that sweet, haggard lady is getting pretty worn out by these systemic affronts. Justice is supposed to be blind, that doesn't mean she is supposed to be a victim to slick politicians passing laws they think will be good for votes in the short term . . . with no regard to the long term consequences on society.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Everything in Iowa revolves around teachers and farmers. If they don't want it, it is not going to happen.
    Last edited by tomme boy; 03-13-10 at 18:25.

Feedback Score
    This is how it all starts. A little bit here, a little bit there. That's why all of us that care need to be vigilant all the time. Politicians say they will never mess with the 2nd Amendment. Really???
    Last edited by Donbeeler49; 03-13-10 at 18:39.
    Hey Obama..Russia called yesterday and wants their Csars back!!

This is America...we don't redistribute wealth, we earn it!!

A government big enough to give you what you want is big enough to take everything you have.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrowne1 View Post
    I'll tell you where they probably were - hiding in political fear that they'll be labeled by feminazi groups as "misogynists" or accused of trying to protect the right of wifebeaters to kill their wives, or some other such nonsense. Once the media gets ahold of that, it will then inaccurately report the proposed law as being something much more reasonable that what it actually is, and then the NRA will be painted as unreasonable extremists. The NRA is VERY image and PR conscious. I can almost guarantee that the above is the reason that they don't get involved, at least not openly, in legislative debates on things like this.
    There is very little give or gray area with the victim lobby, and they can be vicious. Speak constitutionally, with some common sense, or against felonizing offenses, and you may be branded a misogynistic apologist for batterers and rapists so fast your head will spin.

If you're a cop locking horns with your victim advocates, they may call your CLEO and suggest that you are not suitable to respond to DV and sexual assault calls, for the favor you appear to carry for offenders.

Their rhetoric plays well with the media, and they lap it up. They are very good at getting very ugly.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The politics in Iowa sickens me. I'm not sure what I'm going home to at this point. So much for "Our Liberties We Prize, and Our Rights We will Maintain".

Whose rights? Liberal Gay Anti-gunners? We're sure protecting the hell out of those folks. What about the rest of us?

This just totally sucks. The next time I get ane-mail asking for more NRA-ILA donations that guy is going to get a response from a not-so-happy customer. From my perspective, I totally wasted my money on the NRA and ILA.

I agree with dbrowne1 on this issue, they don't want to do their job. But that's what I thought I was paying for. I never even saw an update on this issue to contact a representative or to try to get involved. This just flew in like a stealth bomber.

At the very least, I want to see a strong NRA response and start challenging the law in the courts immediately. If they don't, I'm done with them. They're obviously too busy to care or worry about Iowa.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    IA - Bad news

Any street cop could tell you that....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I'd say vote with your feet, but it's bad all over. They buried the concept of federalism a long time ago. I don't know of a single state that actually tries to uphold constitutional liberties and thumbs their nose at the feds in any meaningful manner.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123