Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense brings back the Hudson H9

Feedback Score

Daniel Defense brings back the Hudson H9

So, is this a good thing?

“But hang on a sec’,” some of you might be thinking, “this pistol looks familiar.” Well, yes, it does because this pistol is, essentially, the resurrection of the Hudson H9A design. This second coming of the H9 is manufactured in-house by Daniel Defense, leaving behind all the baggage of the pistol’s originator, Cy Hudson, and his company, Hudson Manufacturing.

You may recall the debacle that was Hudson Manufacturing when it went belly up while holding on to dozens of customer’s H9 pistols that were in for warranty work and skipping out on hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt owed to vendors and creditors. It turns out, during the fire sale of Hudson’s assets, Hudson’s sister company “Skunk Labs, LLC” held the rights to the H9’s technical data package and appears it was able to sell it to Daniel Defense."

https://smallarmsreview.com/daniel-d...the-daniel-h9/
    Last edited by Slater; 01-22-24 at 08:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Neat. If it goes well, maybe they can pick up Silencerco's Maxim 9 as well. It kills me there's no longer any integrally suppressed pistols available.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    So, is this a good thing?
    Could be. I was always interested in this pistol.

Wasn't the original all steel? This is an aluminum frame, and a little on the lighter side at about 27 ounces.
    Last edited by markm; 01-22-24 at 09:36.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well..... if anyone can do it..... DD can.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I liked the H9 concept, so I hope DD can make it stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Always wanted a Hudson H9 but they went belly up before I had the chance to get one. I still really want it, but being DD I am not sure I want to support them...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Always wanted a Hudson H9 but they went belly up before I had the chance to get one. I still really want it, but being DD I am not sure I want to support them...
    Why is that?
    Die living

Feedback Score
    *fangirl squealing*

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alvincullumyork View Post
    Why is that?
    Yeah. Good question. I mean... of course the pistol will have the DD premium price tag, but there's not gas port for them to over ream by .010"
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    The original is all steel….about 36 oz. I still have my original. It is a terrible gun. Mine went back to Hudson 3 times for various parts breakages. I haven’t shot it since it came back from Hudson in 2019 I think. I told Mark in a different thread it is my reminder not to be a beta tester for an unknown entity.

But DD will do it right. When it ran it WAS a very flat shooting gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast