Thread: A couple questions about slide cut for S&W M&P 2.0 Compact

Feedback Score

A couple questions about slide cut for S&W M&P 2.0 Compact

I'm interested in the HS EPS full-size 6 moa green dot optic for a .40 M&P 2.0 carry.

I understand this full size optic uses the 507K mount pattern.

-I was looking at Primary Machine to do the work. The verbiage makes it seem like the rear sight dovetail is not touched. The picture suggests otherwise. Is it left alone if I choose "mount optic in front of rear sight"?

-This appears to result in a direct, plate-less mount, fitted to my optic. (Have to send in optic) Does it?

-If the above is true, will i be able to see the factory sights a little?

-It seems like this puts the optic close to the ejection port. I saw one review where it may have caused an issue with ejection, but more likely I think that guy was using a weak 9x19 load.

-I've been shooting with 2 moa red dots only on handguns. I think the 6 moa green sounds great but haven't looked through one yet. What do you think about them?

- Do you reccomend a different buisness to do the work?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Maple Leaf Firearms offer similar service and they have a photo of the their cut. Since the M&P non-optic ready slides have rear dovetail sort of pushed forward, I think they can just squeeze an EPS/k footprint in front of it. Other red dot footprints are probably too long to retain the factory rear dovetail.

I wouldn't worry about ejection unless your optic overhangs the ejection port. The RMR glass on my M2.0 9mm Compact does get sooty when compared to other guns. Dot size and color is really personal preference and shooter-dependent. Different shooting styles, speed, environment, eyesight, etc. all play into it. For me, 6MOA is great for anything I plan to shoot up to 50 yards or so. Farther distance is doable with 6MOA, but I have 2.5MOA on range pistols to mess about the 100 yard steel.

shield_507k__20398.1661802376.jpg

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Maple Leaf did the EPS cut on my M&P compact and the original sights are usable. As long as you have somebody cut to a similar depth it will be fine.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Got the 2.0 compact optics ready rather than machine the existing slide on my 1.0 compact, so cannot recommend a machine shop, but direct mount without a plate may allow the oem sights to be used rather than going to suppressor height sights.
    Also went w the EPS non carry, 6 MOA green. Dot size is just fine, like it more than the 2 moa 507 I used previously. No crud and lint to clean out and much less comets or streaks compared to the smaller dot. Housing size is just fine.. However am going to get a red version and sell the green, as I "think" the green, even with brightness turned down, just draws my attention away from being target focused too much.
    Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Maple Leaf did the EPS cut on my M&P compact and the original sights are usable. As long as you have somebody cut to a similar depth it will be fine.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Maple Leaf Firearms offer similar service and they have a photo of the their cut. Since the M&P non-optic ready slides have rear dovetail sort of pushed forward, I think they can just squeeze an EPS/k footprint in front of it. Other red dot footprints are probably too long to retain the factory rear dovetail.

I wouldn't worry about ejection unless your optic overhangs the ejection port. The RMR glass on my M2.0 9mm Compact does get sooty when compared to other guns. Dot size and color is really personal preference and shooter-dependent. Different shooting styles, speed, environment, eyesight, etc. all play into it. For me, 6MOA is great for anything I plan to shoot up to 50 yards or so. Farther distance is doable with 6MOA, but I have 2.5MOA on range pistols to mess about the 100 yard steel.

shield_507k__20398.1661802376.jpg
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Got the 2.0 compact optics ready rather than machine the existing slide on my 1.0 compact, so cannot recommend a machine shop, but direct mount without a plate may allow the oem sights to be used rather than going to suppressor height sights.
    Also went w the EPS non carry, 6 MOA green. Dot size is just fine, like it more than the 2 moa 507 I used previously. No crud and lint to clean out and much less comets or streaks compared to the smaller dot. Housing size is just fine.. However am going to get a red version and sell the green, as I "think" the green, even with brightness turned down, just draws my attention away from being target focused too much.
    Good luck.
    Thanks!

Interesting. I want to sell my 507C's because I think the red 2 moa is too small & too intense.

I was hoping the larger green dot would be of course, larger, and less intense to my eyes.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    No expert here but think the small dot needs to be brighter than a larger dot, so the less intense larger dot is visualized and confirmed as "good enough" for shot release as fast as the smaller dot with perhaps more ability to remain target focused. The color choice clearly is subjective.
    I would not worry about diminished precision w a 6 moa dot vs 2 moa, unless your targets are smaller than 6 moa.