Thread: Recent Birdsong Handgun Drop-Off for Black-T

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Recent Birdsong Handgun Drop-Off for Black-T

Had the occasion to drive through Jackson, MS and remembered that Birdsong (now W. E. BIRDSONG & ASSOCIATES, INC.) is just south of Jackson. I dropped a couple worn West Germans, a HK P7 PSP and Sig P6 (i.e. P225). They were as friendly as I remember years and years ago when I last spoke to them. There are even more color options, the same pricing, and they very busy as well with individual and contract work (glad to see).

I chose Black-T for both, although was thinking about two tone (between Green, Brown, Tan, Black) and looking forward to May-June delivery. I'll post pictures in the summer, their work is top notch. If you have any Black-T work, post pictures.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It's been many years since I've had something Black-T'd, but I remember Walter Sr (RIP) would just talk your ears off. He was a wealth of knowledge and a true gentleman.

-Rainman

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I always liked the looks of Black T finished guns. Look forward to the pics

Feedback Score
    I had a Glock slide refinished in Black-T. I've carried it for years and it looks just as nice as the day I got it back. Oddly, the prices on their website are from 2015.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I had a Glock slide refinished in Black-T. I've carried it for years and it looks just as nice as the day I got it back. Oddly, the prices on their website are from 2015.
    Yes, they haven't changed prices in a good long while. Feels like their business is mostly industrial coating for military, aerospace to protect and add longevity to critical parts in big people movers (planes, subs, ships, etc.). While I saw a couple dozen guns there, the contract they were working on packing (parts about the 1/4 size of a fist) took up dozens of very large boxes in packing area.

Just the description of the detail breakdown and inventory of all the parts of my drop-offs along with the process had me thinking these folks know their stuff. I joked about being able to break down a P7 is a unique skill with the response indicating its common knowledge across many at the shop. Glad I finally did it, now the wait begins, but will be way sooner than that form 4 I just certified.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't heard that name in a very long time. I haven't thought about Black-T in forever either. Glad to hear they are still up and running.

TXPO
    Cerified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer
    NRA/LE Firearms Instructor
    ColdBoreCustom.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Never heard of them...but I'm glad I did now.