Page 183 of 747 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 7462

Thread: The Official GLOCK Picture Thread

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    D90 - Roger that. I know what you mean, it's the grip I've always used. I'll catch Hell occasionally for "compromising my grip" though and heard LAV was big on using the support thumb to drop the slide, so I had to ask.

I've got huge hands, enough to touch OEM Glock / M&P slide stops - so I always found breaking grip better especially on hammer guns.

I've been trying to use my support thumb, but I feel like I'm going full retard. I'll have to check out the extended one.

I'd still be interested in a pic though, just to see how much difference it makes in relation to the primary thumb. How would it compare to the G34/35 OEM slide stop - size wise?

Cool pics by the way.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve S. View Post
    D90 - Roger that. I know what you mean, it's the grip I've always used. I'll catch Hell occasionally for "compromising my grip" though and heard LAV was big on using the support thumb to drop the slide, so I had to ask.

I've got huge hands, enough to touch OEM Glock / M&P slide stops - so I always found breaking grip better especially on hammer guns.

I've been trying to use my support thumb, but I feel like I'm going full retard. I'll have to check out the extended one.

I'd still be interested in a pic though, just to see how much difference it makes in relation to the primary thumb. How would it compare to the G34/35 OEM slide stop - size wise?

Cool pics by the way.
    LAV is big on using the SS to charge but isn't to wrapped up on only using the support hand. The one danger with using your strong thumb is that you can out run seating the magazine completely... I used my support hand for years and recently went to using my strong thumb on Glocks. Between that and using a method I learned from JD from Northern Red where I drive the gun DOWN onto the mag instead of shoving the mag up into the magwell I have got my reloads down to 2 seconds and below inside 10yds on a B8 or A's. I also brought the gun in to my body a little bit which also helps ME. It's still up in my work space just not extended out quite so far...
    Last edited by d90king; 12-13-11 at 09:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    LAV is big on using the SS to charge but isn't to wrapped up on only using the support hand. The one danger with using your strong thumb is that you can out run seating the magazine completely... I used my support hand for years and recently went to using my strong thumb on Glocks. Between that and using a method I learned from JD from Northern Red where I drive the gun DOWN onto the mag instead of shoving the mag up into the magwell I have got my reloads down to 2 seconds and below inside 10yds on a B8 or A's. I also brought the gun in to my body a little bit which also helps ME. It's still up in my work space just not extended out quite so far...
    Gotcha. Good to hear someone else finds the primary thumb works well - especially better trained then me.

I've never heard of bringing the gun down onto the mag. Not knocking it, just sounds unique. If you ever take any video of it in action, I'd definitely be interested in seeing it.

Thanks for your time.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Gotcha. Good to hear someone else finds the primary thumb works well
    The only issue with the primary thumb is if you activate the slide release before you seat the mag. The secondary thumb usually keeps this from happening. I don't really have a preference. I have been under the clock with both thumbs and the slingshot method and are around the same time with all three. I am no super fast shooter but I have better than average times.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PieceKeeper View Post
    Which are the kind that give you hallucinations again?

pic:

You no likey? I don't follow ya...

pic:

www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Gotcha. Good to hear someone else finds the primary thumb works well...
    Super Dave Harrington uses his primary thumb, as do I.
    Don't worry, you're in good company.

Last edited by bleaman225; 02-10-12 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bleaman225 View Post
    Super Dave Harrington uses his primary thumb, as do I.
    Don't worry, you're in good company.

Good looking pistol Brother!

On the other topic... Train and use what works for YOU. The great instructors in the industry today will teach their preferred method but if your method works for YOU under stress they all simply say rock on... To me that's one of the signs of a great instructor instead of those caught in the dogma of there is only one way of accomplishing the task at hand. On fundamentals, they are much less tolerant on "variation"...

Pic Thread:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    G29 I duracoated for someone...

Nice coating but the ducks are going to see the slide.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Last edited by BigJoe; 12-14-11 at 00:05.
    -Too many guns not enough time-
    2016 Rocking: Sig Sauer, Vortex Optics, GA Precision, MGM targets, MARS Armament, Inc., KMW Rifles, Mack Brothers, B&T Industries, Prime Ammo, Mile High Shooting Accessories, Gray Guns, Armageddon Gear, Rustick Knives, LLC.,Bartlein Barrels, CORE Shooting Solutions, Magpul.
    Contributing author on www.modernserviceweapons.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    You no likey? I don't follow ya...
    I like your pics. That one was real nice. Those Glocks just reminded me of mushrooms sprouting out of the ground. Poor attempt at humor I guess.

...Damned interweb.

pic:

Last edited by PieceKeeper; 12-14-11 at 01:13.

Page 183 of 747 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185193233283683 ... LastLast