Page 379 of 747 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 7462

Thread: The Official GLOCK Picture Thread

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MM OneSix View Post
    Thank you.

I used a dremel drum sanding wheel for both. On the undercut, I began with the large drum wheel (60 grit, I believe). It fit perfect for the shape I wanted to create (which is the stock shape, somewhat - and just deepened). I would work a little up into the guard and then along it, beveling the length of the trigger guard very lightly as I went. This kept me from going too far up, as I've seen where it appeared guys had gone just straight up into the undercut without thought given to fitting it all together. So, cut a little deeper, then shape it all out. Then work a little more, etc., etc. I would periodically switch between the large drum and smaller diameter wheel, same grit. The smaller wheel just allows for more control on shaping. As with anything, remove a little and check the work before going on. A fresh sanding wheel will remove polymer relatively quick so take it easy. Also, if you'll notice, I rounded the sides of the undercut as I went, which is why it appears in shadows that I cut all the way into the trigger area; it's just rounded. It's not necessary, but I think it looks goofy when it is cut parallel to the bottom of the trigger guard; just my personal preference.

As for the mag release scallop, I just used the small wheel. I began with the grip-side corners and just rolled it into the shape I wanted. It starts out ugly but pulls together pretty well.

The front of the trigger guard I believe was the large wheel. I may have used the small one for final shaping, but removal was the large one. That took only a few minutes once I got into the polymer.

After all that, I took to it with progressive grades of sandpaper: following the 60 grit wheel, I hit it all with 120, 220, 320ish, 400 and finished it with 600 (all just small pieces of paper, handheld). I really had to get after it with the larger grit pieces early on since the 60 grit dremel wheel "scars" it pretty bad. So really dig at it with each grit or you'll have scars when it's polished (like I did my first time around). This step also lets you do some micro-shaping and get the final shape you want. I capped it all off with a buffing wheel to put some shine on it, but it is purely cosmetic and doesn't do much else; just to keep it purty 'til it gets a new coat.

Really pretty easy stuff. I'd never done it before, but after looking at hundreds of pictures over time and deciding what I did and didn't like, it came pretty easy. Oh, and wear a mask. I was blowing black snot for a day or so after.

Wish I'd taken more progressive pics, but here are a few from early on before polishing:
    Thanks for the info....much appreciated

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowland_P View Post
    Damn those are some nice holsters! I could use one of those.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My factory Glock19 Gen3. Nothing fancy, just extra mags

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Bored at work....

"Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Here goes

My EDC G26's

If we want to regain the respect of the world, we should begin by announcing that children have no business expressing opinions on anything except "Do you have enough room in the toes?" -Florence King

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

"GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK GLOCK, GLOCK, GLOCK!" - lil john

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

"Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Page 379 of 747 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389429479 ... LastLast