Thread: New .308 Upper

Feedback Score

New .308 Upper

I know that a lot of you probably prefer the more expensive .308 set ups and I tend towards that as well usually.

However after completing my stripped CMMG lower I did a lot of research on building an upper and I was almost set on doing that.

Unfortunately I can not see spending as much money on the setup that I want(1200$ for an upper).

So I found an upper on MidwayUSA that was just released a few days ago called the DPMS Oracle. It is basically the Sportical .308 with an A3 receiver and a forward assist and dust cover. It also has a heavy barrel, a carbine length gas system( i know most of you hate this), and Glacier guards.

This upper is reasonably priced at 649.99, and with Midway's new coupon sale I was able to take 30$ off because it was an order over 300.

So out the door I'm getting a .308 upper for 628, and I feel that it should meet my requirements.

If I need to I can always change it later.

I just thought that some people might be interested in this, especially those who are more budget minded.

Feedback Score
    wow...

Feedback Score
    Yeah that's cheap,My N6 barrel was @ that.

Feedback Score

Finally recieved this yesterday

Here are some pics. This thing is really light, and well put together. I hope this makes a good deer hunting rig. Now I just need to get a decent optic.

Here it is next to my Colt 6920.

I think this is an excellent setup on a budget.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the picture,
    I just ordered one yesterday to convert to my piston set up, you caint beat the price!!...............AD