Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Looking for an inexpensive alternative to the Surefire E1B

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I understand this correctly, you have to buy a Novatac at "full price" (meaning $99 for the Storm) to get a second for $20?

Wouldn't you be better off buying two at $55/ea?

http://www.novatac.com/offers/20ligh...ghtVoucher.pdf

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check out the Jetbeam RRT-0. It has more modes than you want, but the control ring is extremely intuitive and easier to use than twisting a head or cycling through modes by clicking.

Feedback Score
    you could get the ryobi rechargeable, about 60 to 80 lumen's, not to bright to blind you, rechargeable, a little more bulky than you may want, tough little light for around the house, and you don't run yourself poor on batteries. For around the house the one we have has been great.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I carry the NiteCore Extreme R2. Works quite well, easy to use, adjustable beam, and I've used it as a hammer and to chip ice. The link I posted is a good deal from a retired LEO in PA's company. I have no financial interest in the company but am just passing on a good deal (it's on sale).

I usually carry the same Nitecore or LX2

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Fenix ... plenty of models/options to choose from and very reasonably priced.

Feedback Score
    I've been using the Quark lights for a while now and have found them to be a solid choice. I'd like to see a hybrid between the Tactical and Regular UI that would let you step through all the modes in one bezel position, and have the other bezel position programmable with your RFN choice.

One of the cool things about the Quarks is that you can interchange all the pieces. If you buy an AA Tactical, you can put that same head on a 1xAA, 2xAA, 1xCR123, or rechargeable 14650 body (If you want a 2xCR123 body, you need a higher-voltage head). There's also a couple of different tailcaps to choose from.

Right now they're offering a limited run of lights with warm-white LEDs that are supposed to be closer to incandescent color temperature. I don't know if I'd care about that for a weapon light, but in the woods at night the warmer light is a lot easier on the eyes and makes it easier to accurately perceive color. I've got the 2xAA version of this waiting in the mailbox at home that I'm looking forward to evaluating.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

light choices

Great duscussion guys, thanks.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got the NovTac 120T when BOTAC had them for $100, and the stimulus discount brought them to $85. I like that the first push and hold takes it immediately to 120 lumens and it goes off as soon as you let it go. Everything else takes multiple clicks and is not hard to learn. I don't want to twist anything to change a setting. I carry one clipped at the top of my pocket daily. I also have one on my carbine in a VTAC mount; "light" and powerful = good.

I use a handheld 120T to sweep my yard at night for the bufo toads that my Golden Retriever insists on playing with, even though they make him sick. it's amazing how the little light is powerful at the center, yet lights up the entire yard enough to let me see the "intruders".

The negative=run time at 120 lumens is an hour. I like the shelf life and size of the 123s though. It powers down to the next level when the CR123 battery is dying so there is warning.

There are so many good choices now in reasonably priced lights that it's hard to go wrong. The 120T is a good choice that works well for me.

120T and VTAC, since moved to the top rail with light at 11:00:
    Last edited by DWood; 07-18-10 at 11:46.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112