Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an inexpensive alternative to the Surefire E1B

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You CAN carry the Novatac bezel up. Just use the mousepad to unscrew the bezel ring and put the clip ring in its place and then rescrew on the bezel ring.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic303 View Post
    You CAN carry the Novatac bezel up. Just use the mousepad to unscrew the bezel ring and put the clip ring in its place and then rescrew on the bezel ring.
    Yeah, what he said. I liked this light so much (Novatac 85T) that I bought another. With the deal from Lighthound on free shipping over $75 and the CPF discount I got another 85T and a Novatac P HA III flat switch for $78. Attached is a pic showing the new 85T with the flat switch alongside a regular 85t, an Olight T10 and the E1B. I like the flat switch, negates the worry of it coming on in my pocket (I'm not a big fan of flashlight pocket clips). At a match this past weekend playing with it in the shoothouse, the Thorpe technique is still viable with the flat switch.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Since the Novatac and the Quark are the same price, is one preferred over the other and for what reasons?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Streamlight debuted these at shot, supposed to be out in April. I can't remember if the clip work for you and I can't find a pic that shows it well enough to tell.

http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=181
    Ditto that. Looks like a excellent light and doesn't cost an arm and a leg like the Surefire.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    Since the Novatac and the Quark are the same price, is one preferred over the other and for what reasons?
    The Novatac has a more complicated UI but also allows you to change levels intelligently through the button, and pretty quickly access strobe.

The Quark is significantly slimmer, lighter, and simpler to use with only two levels chosen by loosening or tightening the head.

I have both a RaClicky (very similar to Novatac) and a Quark 1x123. I carry my RaClicky on my belt for regular clothes EDC. I carry the Quark pocket carry when in dress clothes or traveling overseas and using alternate weapon carry methods.

Dennis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thanks Dennis, that helped. Sounds like the Quark is for me, KISS method.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluck73 View Post
    The Quark AA Tactical uses any standard AA battery, or rechargeable.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    The Quark AA Tactical uses any standard AA battery, or rechargeable.
    Thanks, even better! Looks like the TV remote is getting burglarized

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just to point out that maybe you're referring to the Novatac P series? Cause to me, it just doesn't get simpler than the Novatac T series. No programming required and everything is available one handed, no head twisting needed. You can scroll through the 3 brightness levels in a couple of seconds. But if AA floats your boat the Quark looks like a good option.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vaspence View Post
    Just to point out that maybe you're referring to the Novatac P series? Cause to me, it just doesn't get simpler than the Novatac T series. No programming required and everything is available one handed, no head twisting needed. You can scroll through the 3 brightness levels in a couple of seconds. But if AA floats your boat the Quark looks like a good option.
    From this long thread already, I would guess that simple means different things to different people.... Also the size/weight of the 1x123 Quark is significantly less. Even the 1xAA version is still slimmer and lighter than a Novatac.

Dennis.
    Last edited by Dennis; 04-22-10 at 16:48.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast