Thread: Scar Heavy Short: what is the purpose?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Scar Heavy Short: what is the purpose?

Hey guys,

What is the thinking behind the 13 inch barreled Scar H? What is its proper role?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    The Mk17 CQC is intended for exactly that; Close Quarters Combat. I bet it is loud as hell in the house, but puts muhj in the dirt with authority.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Kill booger eating tangos & defeat intermediate barriers denying concealment & some types of alleged cover until the threat is resolved.
    Last edited by VooDoo6Actual; 03-13-10 at 08:09.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am a big 5.56 fan. BUT - if i were going into a CQB situation and I could carry a 13" 7.62 with some kind of expanding or fragmenting ammo, I would be a very happy camper indeed. 155gr TAP or a Barnes X bullet? Yes, please. I'm sure this setup will bang bad guys' dicks in the dirt with noticeably more authority than any 5.56.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I once fired an HK51 inside a gun range (full auto). Amazingly, I was still able to father a child about a year after.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I once fired an HK51 inside a gun range (full auto). Amazingly, I was still able to father a child about a year after.

It's not nearly as bad as a HK 51. Those things are just beasts.

The Mk.17 Mod.0 CQC is very controllable and fairly soft shooting considering the caliber, weight, and barrel length.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Dano5326 Guest
    hk51 barrel length ivo 9" if i remember right, and roller locked has a crap recoil impulse

roller locked decent for extreme environmental situations

I have a hk33 clone in 7.62, 16", which was good for the times.... 10+ yrs ago. presently I would take a mk17. nice weight for the caliber, long recoil cycle, better ergonomics, etc. The mk16/17 are bulkier due to manufacturing method, but if it works... it works
    Last edited by Dano5326; 03-13-10 at 13:43.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    None of what I have said should be taken as a criticism of the SCAR. I was really asking.

I will probably pick up a civy Scar H at some point.

It looks like this gun fills the same role as the old G3K, which had a similar size and weight.

Christopher Columbus