Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas grille, which grates?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got an E310 for Christmas and absolutely love the enameled cast iron grates. We also did the "sausage party" technique to get them seasoned quickly. They're the best thing I've found to sear bison steaks without overcooking them so far. I have two charcoal grills to supplement the gas grill for summer grilling parties.

I think my grill has enameled "flavorizers", haven't given those much thought, I would think they could cause flare ups eventually. I haven't cooked anything really greasy like skin on chicken yet. I've had the opportunity to use grills from Charbroil, Brinkmann, and Coleman. I keep coming back to Weber grills. Kinda like Surefire for flashlights, I'll try others, but I go back eventually.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    I also bought some simple steel grates that were smaller than the grill surface (ie, slipped down inside the lips) and stuck them directly on the burner tops, which are the roof shaped angled ones. On these grates I stuck the porcelain briquets you can buy. I heat up the grill on high and then usually turn it down when I stick the food on and use the radiated heat from the briquets to cook more than the gas heat, which is on low and used to keep the briquets hot...
    That's a fantastic idea. I'm definitely going to try it. I'm happy with the gas consumption, but I think this will make my grill way more flexible. That's will be a great way of doing things like pork shoulders.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well, $250 later, here's what I bought:
    -enamel cast iron grates
    -warming rack
    -cast iron griddle (replaces one grate when needed)
    -enamel flavorizer bars
    -new burner tubes (easier than trying to rehab the existing)
    -new brushes (one "T" and one square)

Looking forward to making my blackened steaks on the griddle insert, as well as breakfast on the patio in the coming months. NOT looking forward to taking the whole mess apart, cleaning out the inside, and putting it all back together with the new parts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123