Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Holster Opinions! (see new thread)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Raven Concealment Holster Opinions! (see new thread)

I have been looking at new CCW holster options. I prefer IWB carry and have been looking at the Raven Concealment Holsters pretty hard.

My questions is, for those of you who use a Raven for IWB carry, what type of attachments did you go with to hook it to your belt? I was looking at the tuckable offset belt loops, but am curious as to if that will make it more or less bulky. Comfort is the number one key here.

Thanks in advace for all of your help, as always!
    Shane

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uncomfortable and rides too high. I tried it and sold it within a month.

Much happier with leather.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I asked the same question recently

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=43573

maybe some helpful info for you.

Feedback Score
    I like my Raven Phantom LC. I can easily conceal my M&P9 long with TLR-1. I use a soft loop in the rear and a normal IWB plastic clip up front. Allows for a little more forward cant. It's not perfect, but it's also very versatile in terms of modes of carry and allows for good draws/reholsters. I don't care for leather IWB as it tends to flatten without the gun in there (even the good ones).

I do have to wear an undershirt when carrying IWB, however I do that anyways so it's not a big deal for me. I also carry it OWB often. Have a similar setup for my Glock 17, too.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think that they are one of the better options for IWB. I think that there are better options for OWB.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    I think that they are one of the better options for IWB. I think that there are better options for OWB.
    Interesting...I actually think the exact opposite.

I only use my RCS holsters for IWB when I'm concealing a pistol with a light attached. Other than that, the RCS is worn OWB using the belt slide attachments. When using the RCS IWB, I tend stick with the overhooks.

My preferred CCW holster is the Comp-Tac CTAC. Its the most comfortable concealment holster I've tried so far.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

Same here (except I still have mine)
    Dan Miami, FL

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The newer thicker kydex holsters definitely seem far more durable than the early generations of holsters. I have no fear of running, diving, or generally beating the snot out of my RCS phantom during training now that i have a thicker kydex option.

I have a ghost holster made out of the thinner kydex and while i havent had a problem to date it still feels very thin.

I have yet to run the phantom IWB since i primarily bought the holster as an OWB option.

I plan on ordering a second holster for my compact with a bit more cant for CC.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post

I hear where you're coming from. I got to wear mine for an extended period of time this last weekend under an untucked t-shirt. It rubbed my side til my skin was red.

I still like the holster, but it's definitely not to be worn without a clothing item between it and your skin for very long.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I have no fear of running, diving, or generally beating the snot out of my RCS phantom during training now that i have a thicker kydex option.
    Interesting. The first thing I observed when I got my phantom was how thin the Holster panels were.

I've cracked uncle mikes and Safariland plastic holsters, but the Phantom is a completely different design. Phantom seems to have a good reputation so far, so I'm not worried about the thin walled design. The standard belt loops are really thick though.

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast