Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buffer question

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Buffer question

I currently have an H2 in my LMT M4, but some members here have suggested I revert to the H1 as it may prove more reliable. My dad has one of the Enidine Recoil ARrestor buffers in his frankenrifle and is willing to trade for my H2. Are the Enidines a good product?

Feedback Score
    a friend of mine has a BCM middy with an H2, which by the same theory should be even less reliable. he has experienced ZERO malfunctions with mil spec ammo, under a variety of situations. I recommended he switch to an H1, just in case. I have no experience with endine and no wish to.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    If your rifle has been functioning as it should than leave it alone! You have a quality rifle from what you are describing.
    si vis pacem, para bellum!

Please leave feedback for me here!

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=50419

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lwhazmat5 View Post
    If your rifle has been functioning as it should than leave it alone! You have a quality rifle from what you are describing.
    Ditto: If it works fine leave it alone. Too many people think they are improving things by swapping out parts on a reliable rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thisaway View Post
    I currently have an H2 in my LMT M4, but some members here have suggested I revert to the H1 as it may prove more reliable. My dad has one of the Enidine Recoil ARrestor buffers in his frankenrifle and is willing to trade for my H2. Are the Enidines a good product?
    Do a search for the Enidine buffer here,I think you will find that most everyone agree's that it should be avoided at all costs and can become a liability.There is no way I'd give up my H2 buffer for one.

I run an H buffer in my LMT 16",and it works reliably with a mixture of .223 Rem. to include wolf and 5.56 NATO.I used a H2 for a short time as an experiment and it worked as well,but ran significantly slower with some of the lower pressure .223 loads and would occassionally short stroke with Wolf.Worked without a hitch with 5.56 Nato spec ammo.
    So I shot for the middle and stayed with the H to ensure reliability overall.That said if I was running 5.56 NATO accross the board I'd have the H2 in my LMT.
    So if your not having any issues running the H2 then stay with it,no need to change if function is 100%.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thank you, gentlemen! I'll stick with the H2 for now.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roklok View Post
    Ditto: If it works fine leave it alone. Too many people think they are improving things by swapping out parts on a reliable rifle.

+1

If your rifle locks back on empty with what you are using....keep using it. I run a BCM 16" middy with an FA M16 bolt carrier (CMT) and a Spike's ST-T2 buffer (about the same weight as an H2) AND a Tubbs 2000 Flat wire Chrome silicon buffer spring.....'on paper' (at least on some of the paper around here) it shouldn't run at all. But run it does...and it runs SUPER SMOOTH.

Use good lube (I use Slip 2K EWL), and good ammo, and your setup is GTG. Don't doubt yourself brother; if it locks back on empty while you hold the rifle with a relatively limp stance....ur GTG.

Feedback Score
    I hear the Spikes T2 buffer is really good at reducing recoil. I think it's in between an H1 and H2. If your carbine is running fine now I wouldn't worry about it unless you want the upgrade.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/inde...roducts_id=201

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2009/12/22/oh-products/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The only ammo I have run through it lately has been some Federal .223 55-grain stuff from WalMart. It seems to function OK...no stoppages, and all the brass ends up in a neat little pile about six-seven feet away at 5 o'clock. I believe I'll stick with the H2 for now, and see what happens in the future.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    My 14.5" LMT runs perfectly with an H2 using .223 spec'd ammo. Ive also ran some steel cased ammo with no issues.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 03-14-10 at 01:38.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast