Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Piston Conversion Kit

Feedback Score

gas piston

I have the CMMG and it work great,In have not had a stopage yet.It is easy to install too.

Feedback Score
    The Adams Arms unit uses a special gas block that holds the piston(cylinder moves and is extension of operating rod), has rail slots on top, and 3 positions to adjust for gas action. The Osprey unit uses a standard M-16/AR-15 front sight and replaces the gas tube, and has no provisions for gas functiion adjustment.

If you want standard front sight you go with the Osprey, rail block gas block= Adams.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have never seen a drop in piston system worth anything (to date). Why you ask?

1. Piston needs to be pinned to the barrel.
    2. Most barrels are way over gassed and not setup for piston use.
    3. H2 or H3 buffer needs to be included with the piston system.
    4. The cost does not provide enough features to warrant the added cost on top of a DI gun.

If you want a piston gun, great, but buy one that was designed from the ground up to be a piston (SCAR for instance).

When a piston part goes down, spare parts are typically rare. If something fails on a DI gun, parts are everywhere.

We stock over $500,000 woth of AR's and parts. Not ONE of them are parts for ANY piston system.

Just sayin.....

C4

Feedback Score
    I beg to differ on the piston, ..... it does not need to be pined to barrel.... if that is what you are saying the CMMG clamps to barrel with three screws, 2 on one side and 1 on the other side.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by varmint49 View Post
    I beg to differ on the piston, ..... it does not need to be pined to barrel.... if that is what you are saying the CMMG clamps to barrel with three screws, 2 on one side and 1 on the other side.
    The piston unit itself is trying to DESPERATELY to get off the end of the barrel. Pinning the piston onto the barrel is the only option for serious use. This is why the HK 416, S&W M&P PS(X), PWS, etc are all pinned on.

C4

Feedback Score
    Well mine only has 500 rounds through it and it has not moved one bit,so I guess I will have to wait and see,......I will post if it ever moves ,but I dout it will.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by varmint49 View Post
    Well mine only has 500 rounds through it and it has not moved one bit,so I guess I will have to wait and see,......I will post if it ever moves ,but I dout it will.
    500rds means that it is broken in. Come back after 10,000 and see how that piston is holding it up. Also make sure to run it through hald a dozen carbine schools as well.

Not every piston is going to walk off the barrel. I simply stated that all SERIOUS use guns should have the piston pinned on.

C4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12