Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Improvement of new M&P

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    stock is pretty personal.. there is no end-all stock, but rather a variety for different purposes..
    what position do you shoot at? fully collapsed? fully extended? midway?
    do you shoot nose-to-the-charging handle (as you should) or a few inches back?
    do you want storage space?
    what kind of sling do you use/whats your attachment point/method?
    does weight matter? does your weapon feel balanced with the M4 stock, or do you feel like it's muzzle-heavy? a heavier stock will make a weapon feel lighter.
    do you want a butt-pad?
    how much do you want to spend? stock prices are between $50-$275

do you have any clue how to answer these questions? if you cant immediately answer basically all of these questions, you should stick with what you have, get some miles on your current setup, take notes on your observations, and start assessing your needs. then chose a stock that matches those needs. each question i asked above will correlate to different stocks and their features.

or just buy something 'cuz it look cool, like most people.

Feedback Score

Improvement of new M&P

Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    stock is pretty personal.. there is no end-all stock, but rather a variety for different purposes..
    what position do you shoot at? fully collapsed? fully extended? midway?
    do you shoot nose-to-the-charging handle (as you should) or a few inches back?
    do you want storage space?
    what kind of sling do you use/whats your attachment point/method?
    does weight matter? does your weapon feel balanced with the M4 stock, or do you feel like it's muzzle-heavy? a heavier stock will make a weapon feel lighter.
    do you want a butt-pad?
    how much do you want to spend? stock prices are between $50-$275

do you have any clue how to answer these questions? if you cant immediately answer basically all of these questions, you should stick with what you have, get some miles on your current setup, take notes on your observations, and start assessing your needs. then chose a stock that matches those needs. each question i asked above will correlate to different stocks and their features.

or just buy something 'cuz it look cool, like most people.
    I like your approach and I will get back to you on the balance of questions that I can't immediately answer. I've always had guns so no biggy there, but I'm new to the AR world. Really the main reason that I went down the stock road first is because the one on the gun just "feels" cheap and flimsy and has a bit of a rattle to it. All other parts of the gun appear to be very solid.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I got a UBR not too long ago, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's a bit heavy, but my gun has a heavy barrel so it's not an issue for me, though it might be for a lighter gun.

I give it 5/5

Feedback Score
    I'm running a magpul M.O.E. and being the only stock i have ever shot with
    all i can tell ya is it's great!
    But it does have a little wiggle that the slightly higher end CTR doesn't have
    because the CRT has an extra *friction lock system that eliminates wobble*
    plus with the Magpul they offer 3 different thickness recoil pads.
    .30, .55, .70

As with anything the question is "how much do you want to spend'.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12