Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fingerprints for a renewal??! WTF???

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    WV don't require fingerprints for CCW's.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    NM requires two copies and an original state issued birth certificate and a class etc.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfyrfiter View Post
    NM requires two copies and an original state issued birth certificate and a class etc.
    For the original permit or for a renewal?

Utah requires a lot more for the original than it does for a renewal, for example.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar 319 View Post
    I love H.R. 218.....
    All are equal but some are more equal than others...
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    My Utah renewal was $10, new form, notarized signature and new picture...
    so is utah the out of state permit to go with?
    i've been having trouble figuring out which way to go with my second permit. utah and florida give more or less the same additional states. (i have a CO permit already)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    so is utah the out of state permit to go with?
    i've been having trouble figuring out which way to go with my second permit. utah and florida give more or less the same additional states. (i have a CO permit already)
    Probably.

I cannot really answer as I live in Utah so it is not out of state for me. But it seems to be less hassle than the Florida one
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    interesting because I did my Utah one a week ago and they did not require new prints and I can use the CCW to avoid the background check (they actually do one, calling into the state authority who does it here, but on the other end it is basically a quick lookup and I don't have to pay a $7.50 background check fee like joe blow off the street does)
    even in Florida you still have to do a background test with a CCW every purchase. I also know they like to get really good fingerprints lady at the ag department did them 10 times before the computer was happy.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 88redryder88 View Post
    I sent my application in a month ago and the Sheriff's office didn't fingerprint me... Is that how it is in KY or am i missing something?

It's always different from state to state, there are few if any constants.

No fingerprint renewal needed here in NJ, but going on a ridiculous 9 weeks without my handgun permit being processed. Always something to deal with it seems.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123