58 55.24%
  • No, he's fresh and new everyday

47 44.76%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Glenn Beck - Jumped the Shark?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 10MMGary View Post
    252 I should have been more clear,

this is the allegation I would like proof of. As to the real men statement it was in jest directed towards your first post (#14)in this thread. I never assumed you were a raging libtard with an agenda or are anything else derogatory, let alone anti American.
    This video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj4I2f0ZO6g

Glen Beck was a wanna be shock jock on the radio in the 90's. Hell the man made fun of a colleagues wife's miscarriage. I have no respect for the clown. And can't believe people don't see him for the fake he is.

I understand too is an adverb and to is a preposition, I still prefer using to in place of too.

The way I see it I'll save maybe 5-10 minutes over my lifetime not typing that extra o at the end of to. Even typing up this explanation saves me more time than typing that extra o

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_smiles View Post

Glen Beck was a wanna be shock jock on the radio in the 90's. Hell the man made fun of a colleagues wife's miscarriage. I have no respect for the clown. And can't believe people don't see him for the fake he is.
    Ummm not to defend Beck, but you used the terms "shock jock" and "no respect" in the same paragraph, when they shouldn't be used in the same zip code. Shock jocks get paid based on their notoriety, which is based on how much buzz they can generate. Big "shock" that they'd talk about something controversial to up ratings. Hey, wait a minute... isn't that pretty much what he does now? (sans miscarriage jokes of course).

Not to mention, this particular video was shot for GQ magazine.
    A la ....

Wow.. it's amazing how things can get peoples goats when they're taken out of context. (kinda like shock jocks ehhh?)

Google is an amazing thing...
    Last edited by Zhurdan; 03-17-10 at 23:31.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    my point was that glenn shit talked this photographer to no end when she did the shoot with children and with McCain. he called her all kinds of shit... and then just sits down all happy to have his photo taken by her...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhurdan View Post
    Ummm not to defend Beck, but you used the terms "shock jock" and "no respect" in the same paragraph, when they shouldn't be used in the same zip code. Shock jocks get paid based on their notoriety, which is based on how much buzz they can generate. Big "shock" that they'd talk about something controversial to up ratings. Hey, wait a minute... isn't that pretty much what he does now? (sans miscarriage jokes of course).

Not to mention, this particular video was shot for GQ magazine.
    A la ....

Wow.. it's amazing how things can get peoples goats when they're taken out of context. (kinda like shock jocks ehhh?)

Google is an amazing thing...
    I knew what the photo was for, but by doing it he's making it clear that it's his gimmick and he uses as such. It's theater on a news channel and he's the star.

I understand too is an adverb and to is a preposition, I still prefer using to in place of too.

The way I see it I'll save maybe 5-10 minutes over my lifetime not typing that extra o at the end of to. Even typing up this explanation saves me more time than typing that extra o

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Another failed allegation, like it is clearly shon this was for a photo shoot.

Yes Glen used to be a "shock jock" sorta and he also used to be a drinking alcoholic, now he is neither. Thankfully he points out truths on a regular basis and drives home points to the masses that need it driven home. You can continue to call him names and make unsubstantiated claims that is your right to an extent, but I hope he keeps on taking care of business and preaching it as long as it takes.

BTW he obviously is doing something right as both his shows numbers are sky high.
    Last edited by 10MMGary; 03-19-10 at 23:37.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    i think my point was missed. i know its a photo shoot that much is obvious. even though his fake crying and his blubbering on his show all seem fake to me..

the point is that he berated that photographer because of the work she did making children cry by taking candy away from them and because of her political standings and what she did with the mccain photo. he basically tore her a new one. but as soon as he has an opportunity to get his picture taken he is all buddy buddy with her. same thing with ron paul. he talked mad shit about ron paul and then when ron gets popular he gets him on the show. its the 2 faced shit that bugs me.

personally if i dont like someone i dont like them. im not going to be best buds with them if it suits me...

Feedback Score
    So when did making money become bad in this country? Do you work for the pay czar? And by comparing Beck with Moore you have showed your ignorance.
    I've heard Glen Beck cry poor mouth more than on hist radio show so that's why I bring up his pay, and the guy is a Michael Moore, he makes shit up and then he tries to encourage loonies to do shit, always talking about violent revolution. I listen to the guy's radio program because he happens to be on the channel I like.

He's a jack ass who has absolutely zero care for traditional values and does a song and dance to get ratings. How many times can you mention God in a show? It starts to lose any value when you abuse it as he does, It's amazing how when he finds a niche he goes right after it and exploits it.

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    Another failed allegation, like it is clearly shon this was for a photo shoot.

Yes Glen used to be a "shock jock" sorta and he also used to be a drinking alcoholic, now he is neither. Thankfully he points out truths on a regular basis and drives home points to the masses that need it driven home. You can continue to call him names and make unsubstantiated claims that is your right to an extent, but I hope he keeps on taking care of business and preaching it as long as it takes.

BTW he obviously is doing something right as both his shows numbers are sky high.
    The man speaks of armed revolution all the damn time, he's a shock jock but with a new audience.

The best part is he brings up any bs opinion he can to discuss the idea of war in the country and than claims he wishes it never happens and fears it... BS he would love for it to happen because in his sick little mind his ratings would skyrocket.

You think he's not loving this health care debate?

Every action he takes is calculated behind scenes, he has researchers looking for the hot topics of the day and bases his show around that, it's not because those are issues he cares about but because those are the issues that pull in the numbers. And in his business numbers are all that matter.

The best is his shit talking about teleprompters but the man uses them through out his show, hell he doesn't take a step or shed a tear with out being told to do so by a screen in front of a camera. All the cameras in hist study have hoods and trays because they all have on camera prompter's attached.

It's theater just like the rest of the talk shows on TV.

But go ahead and watch the guy who tells you secret society's control the world. He's right up there with the 9/11 truth idiots.

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The man speaks of armed revolution all the damn time, he's a shock jock but with a new audience.

The best part is he brings up any bs opinion he can to discuss the idea of war in the country and than claims he wishes it never happens and fears it... BS he would love for it to happen because in his sick little mind his ratings would skyrocket.

You think he's not loving this health care debate?

Every action he takes is calculated behind scenes, he has researchers looking for the hot topics of the day and bases his show around that, it's not because those are issues he cares about but because those are the issues that pull in the numbers. And in his business numbers are all that matter.

The best is his shit talking about teleprompters but the man uses them through out his show, hell he doesn't take a step or shed a tear with out being told to do so by a screen in front of a camera. All the cameras in hist study have hoods and trays because they all have on camera prompter's attached.

It's theater just like the rest of the talk shows on TV.

But go ahead and watch the guy who tells you secret society's control the world. He's right up there with the 9/11 truth idiots.
    I don't doubt that this is a possibility, all I ask for is proof. Personally I dont agree totally with him or any other entertainer. That is exactly what he is is an entertainer. But in doing so he does bring to light many things that do need to be brought out. Having said that, anybody who buys all that these guys and gals have to sell is going to be in trouble. If you buy into anything they have to say without researching it your self from separate sources you will be in trouble. The basis of what he says is good, so I don't care if he doesn't believe it. If ever the curtain is pulled back and he is shown to be a sham, so what life will go on
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Beck has imperfections just like all of us, I am a viewer of his but I am no ultra-fan. And good or bad his emotions have enhanced his ratings a bit sure. But does this qualify him as a bad man or a phony?

Hardly. In fact it can be just the opposite.

How many here would know who Van Jones was were it not for Beck? How likely would it be that he would still be one of our czars? Was he not influential in getting that horrid, nasty, racist, American hating piece of shit out of our Government?

And how likely will the progressive wacks be to send another down the line now, knowing what will almost certainly happen? Cass Sunstein is next. Anybody ever heard of him before Beck?

I give him credit for getting a difficult but effective job done.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456