Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: IMI TAR-21 Tavor

Feedback Score
    Just for full disclosure the Tavor is also a $3000 rifle in Canada, so I really don't think its being sold as a toy or wall hanger. Even though they are non-retricted most still seem to be used mostly on ranges that I've seen.

I have about 1500+ rounds through mine, and love it. There is no issue of brass in you face in weak side shooting. You can hold it like a pistol to shoot around barriers very easy, and exposes the shooter less than a similiar AR platform.

Canadians would buy lots more AR's here too if the US State Department would let you companies export them.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Barrett was initially looking at it, but after trying to deal with IWI, they declined.
    Talked to Ronnie Barrett at the 2002 SHOT Show and they had an IMI Tavor 21 on display there. He also gave me the press kit on the weapon (of which I had to dig up for this post).

Here is what Barrett was handing out circa 2002:

Feedback Score
    **** that^^^^

We need the X95.

I've never even seen an X95 in person but I'll just blatantly say that the X95 is the best bullpup ever devised.

It has a drop free mag system, ON A FREAKIN BULLPUP!

How does it work? PURE MAGIC.

Look at the magazine fall out, LOOK.

LOOK!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JChops View Post
    Talked to Ronnie Barrett at the 2002 SHOT Show and they had an IMI Tavor 21 on display there. He also gave me the press kit on the weapon (of which I had to dig up for this post).

Here is what Barrett was handing out circa 2002:

I talked a little with Chris Barrett at Vickers AK class this year. There was no way they were going to be able to deal with IWI, so they walked away.

Kal, you have to remember that at the time that Barrett was looking at trying to do the Tavor, the Federal AWB was still in effect.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Kal, you have to remember that at the time that Barrett was looking at trying to do the Tavor, the Federal AWB was still in effect.
    ahhh, I see. Might even be that the X95 wasn't even fully developed. When I see the prospective tavor that could have been available through barrett, I don't see why they couldn't present the regular Tavor-21 that the canadians have, with the original control lay out.

There was no way they were going to be able to deal with IWI, so they walked away
    This is interesting. I wonder what the problem was?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post

This is interesting. I wonder what the problem was?

$$$$$$$

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Is IWI that dificult to deal with?

Feedback Score
    I suspect it's the fact that two companies want to make a profit off it and neither want to cut their share to be able to sell it at a price that they will actually sell.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IMI or IWI is notorious for demanding large orders up front with large prepayments..........but slow delivery.

Not a slam of Israel, but they do have incredible inflation and clost of living. Their weapons costs are huge, since they use the export of those weapons......Uzi's, Galils, Tavors to help pay for arming their own people.

I worked with Action Manufacturing when they imported Uzi Semi's and SMG's in the 1980's as Action Arms. They worked closely with IMI in developing the semi Uzi and Galil rifles, and they were all priced higher than US made weapons of equal or better quality.

At the time you could get 3-4 Colt AR15's and even 2-3 H&K 93's fro the price of one Galil semi.

The Tavor is an interesting weapon....especially in the Micro Galil mode, but it is not cost effective when you can get a loaded, suppressed AR for the same money.

Plus, Bull pups don't suppress very well.....unless you have one of the Russian OTS-14......those are cool!

Just my 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDCI View Post
    IMI or IWI is notorious for demanding large orders up front with large prepayments..........but slow delivery.

Not a slam of Israel, but they do have incredible inflation and clost of living. Their weapons costs are huge, since they use the export of those weapons......Uzi's, Galils, Tavors to help pay for arming their own people.

I worked with Action Manufacturing when they imported Uzi Semi's and SMG's in the 1980's as Action Arms. They worked closely with IMI in developing the semi Uzi and Galil rifles, and they were all priced higher than US made weapons of equal or better quality.

At the time you could get 3-4 Colt AR15's and even 2-3 H&K 93's fro the price of one Galil semi.

The Tavor is an interesting weapon....especially in the Micro Galil mode, but it is not cost effective when you can get a loaded, suppressed AR for the same money.

Plus, Bull pups don't suppress very well.....unless you have one of the Russian OTS-14......those are cool!

Just my 2 cents.

Very true. I remember an Action Arms Galil ARM would run about $1K in 1989 when you could get a Colt AR-15A2 for about $500.00 or a HK 93 for $650 or so.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast