Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Obama on Fox

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    he's getting desperate, that's a good thing.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post

Anyone that thinks we can spend our way out of this (and not have inflation kick our ass on the way out) failed ECO101.
    Not possible to have failed ECO101. Since ECO is no longer being taught (too difficult) along with Civics, Government, etc. (too dry and boring).

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demarne View Post
    Obama is spending a lot of money, i agree with that but this is money that is needed to fix poor legislation adopted by the Obama administration.
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalAlien View Post
    Priceless dude, Priceless

I knew you would see the light.

Now even the Dems are blaming Obama for adopting poor legislation.
    Thank God we can quite blaming Bush now! We can blame Sigmund Freud.... I think demarne meant inherited and not adopted.
    Last edited by No.6; 03-19-10 at 18:32.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I think you're on the wrong website.
    So if I disagree with some gun laws of some states I shouldn't be a member of this site? Thats awful polarized. I own an AR just like you, and I am a member of this site to learn and gain info about the weapon system. The fact that I am standing up for my beliefs even when I know I'm in the minority should not be a gauge of whether or not I'm on the right website or not. If you can't respect that then you need to revaluate your perspective on life.

Quote Originally Posted by R/Tdrvr View Post
    demarne-

I personally know 2 doctors that I shoot with that said if this "abortion" of a bill passes, they are going to turn off their pagers and work 9 to 5. And they tell me a lot of they're colleauges feel the same way.

That being said, what's Obama going to do when other docs decide to do the same thing or quit all together? Station troops at hospitals and force doctors to treat people? Its easy to force this bill on people when Congress won't be participating in it themselves.
    That is 2 doctors, and i don't doubt there are more that feel the same way, but I seriously doubt that half the doctors in America would just up and leave there profession... Think about it, they have bills to pay and families to feed, they aren't going to just give up being a doctor.

Obama himself even made this all about him by saying "if this doesn't pass, it could be the end of my Presidency". He DOES NOT care about the American people.
    Really? I would like to see the quote and source for where he says that.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    I heard somewhere that there was a poll of doctors that resulted in half stating that they would leave their profession. Imagine how good HC would be in this country with only half the number of Physicians.

I'd wager that if this were to happen, that half of those doctors who would stay in that profession are either no good or are recent graduates and could not afford to do anything else.
    Heard somewhere? Yeah and all you guys are talking about facts? Not to mention if that was a poll taken by a non-neutral source they probably polled doctors in known republican states to inflate the numbers of the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    he's getting desperate, that's a good thing.
    Desperate? Hardly. Annoyed by the polarity and stubbornness of the majority of people posting in this thread, I think so.

I am not going to lie, participating in this discussion has opened my eyes to how much obama is really planning to spend on some things which is worrisome, but I personally think this health care bill needs to pass. All of the nurses and doctors assistants I have talked to say that the paperwork system of insurance companies and medicare is so outrageous and complicated that it really takes up a lot of time and money. With the new health care plan paperwork could be regulated and made the same nationwide which would save a lot of heart ache and money. In my eyes, health care is not one of the things that should be privatized anymore. If you don't agree, that is fine.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think it's more like half of primary care doctors would leave primary care practice, and try to get into a specialty.

Most medical students are going for specialties now and there is very low interest in primary care. That means the worst students that can't get residencies in anything else are the ones that are going to get relegated to primary care. Sure, some will do primary care because they want to, but the best will go into higher paying specialties. And the rest of the need for primary care will have to be filled by foreign educated doctors whose quality of education we have no control over.

Of course, medical school admissions should be expanded to fill the demand, but the pro-Obamacare AMA has historically been against that. Funny, huh?

If you think this is not the case you are mistaken. You think they can't get other jobs to feed their families? They can go into research, they can take staff positions at pharmaceutical or biotech companies. They can teach. My wife worked for a small marketing consulting firm that did work in the pharmaceutical industry and even they had a non-practicing MD on staff.

The bill is going to simplify things and make paperwork easier? Let's see here, the same government that wrote our tax code and makes us fill out incomprehensible forms every year? The system that is so complex we have to pay professionals to do it for us (or buy special software)?

Ever tried to apply to a Federal job? The instructions for the application process are pages and pages long and still don't make much sense. The job descriptions are a mile long but still don't give you any idea what the job really is.

The whole problem with "health care" is everyone wants an infinite amount of care without having to actually pay for it. The Dems lie through their teeth and demonize the insurance industry which runs at 3% profit margin. THREE PERCENT! It's pretty simple - to stay in business the premiums must be more than the claims. If people file more claims for more expensive services, the premiums are going to increase!

That's the BIG LIE in this whole debacle. The real reason health insurance costs keep going up is because people are demanding greater levels of higher cost care, and because hospitals have to give free care to non-payers and illegal aliens. All this bill will do is increase demand for services, and force insurance companies to absorb high risk people. So premiums will have to increase to cover the expense of the claims. Simple as that. Costs will not go down.

It's not the non-standard paperwork that is so much of a problem for doctors - that stuff actually is getting standardized without government interference and claims are moving to electronic systems. It's the fact that each insurance plan has different rules, different coverage levels, different pre-cert requirements, different structure (HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity, etc.), different limits, different referral rules, etc.

To care for their patients doctors go through a maze of rules for each company and each plan. But how does the proposed bill change that? I really don't know the answer to that.
    Last edited by Left Sig; 03-19-10 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demarne View Post
    So if I disagree with some gun laws of some states I shouldn't be a member of this site? Thats awful polarized.
    Polarized?

You know what's really polarizing? Imposing ridiculous restrictions on the ownership and possession of a constitutionally protected means of self defense. It's particularly polarizing because these restrictions do NOTHING to discourage violent offenders in our society while doing a bangup job of keeping reasonable people with no malicious intent from having a ready means of self defense. We have people on this site who are stuck with little more than a pointy stick to defend themselves on a daily basis because yahoos around this nation have their little opinions about how gun laws aren't tight enough and their idiotic "blood in the streets!!" paranoia to keep the good guys at the mercy of scumbags. We have active duty military people who have a hard time getting necessary equipment because of ridiculous international arms control laws. We have manufacturers who can't ship so much as a spring that goes in a gun overseas without risking a felony conviction.

Screw that, and screw those who, in their magnificent wisdom, impose a death sentence on law abiding citizens by leaving them at the mercy of the criminal vermin who get all the breaks in our society.

I own an AR just like you, and I am a member of this site to learn and gain info about the weapon system.
    I'm a moderator of the site to keep the stupidity to a minimum. Showing up on M4Carbine.net and extolling the virtues of gun control is stupidity to the maximum...so button it.

The fact that I am standing up for my beliefs even when I know I'm in the minority should not be a gauge of whether or not I'm on the right website or not. If you can't respect that then you need to revaluate your perspective on life.
    Son, I don't know exactly how many days you've been here, but I'm certain it's entirely too few to be instructing others on reevaluation of perspective.

There are plenty of places on the web where idiots can lament that firearms laws aren't strict enough to their heart's content. If you feel the need to express the idea that the people on this site shouldn't have their guns (because the people on this site are the type of people who actually obey gun laws), do it somewhere else. Showing up with a tag line that could have come right out of the friggin' Brady Campaign is unsat and unwelcome.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 03-19-10 at 22:48.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I'm a moderator of the site to keep the stupidity to a minimum. Showing up on M4Carbine.net and extolling the virtues of gun control is stupidity to the maximum...so button it.
    That's signature line material right there!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789