Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OH - CCW defends against ATM robbery. (Video)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    WTF? At about 1:49 the reporter says "Now police don't suggest taking your life into your own hands..." That is completely ludicrous.
    Yup, like you life is better left in the hands of a criminal bent on commiting a robbery???
    I do commend the guy for his restraint, however. It's tough not to commence hole punching once you've presented your weapon.

Feedback Score
    No respect for hypocrites!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    Who cares what the police say, think, or do?
    I do. You should too, as it effects all of us directly or indirectly. The "advice" given is worthless and potentially dangerous. Very few rank n file feel that way at least. Liability fearful politicians, dept. lawyers, brass who care more about their future career in politics, etc are to blame for the victim mentality they offer to citizens. Anyone high enough up who says "good for him, I wish more citizens did that" will see their future career suddenly dry up, with some parts of the country worse then others in that respect.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-20-10 at 16:35.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated21R View Post
    You have to love the police tips given out at the end of the video...lol
    No kidding. You would think that the good guys are competing for their business or something.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    if i was stopping by the bank on morse and karl at 1am, bringing the gun would be a nobrainer lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I do. You should too, as it effects all of us directly or indirectly. The "advice" given is worthless and potentially dangerous. Very few rank n file feel that way at least. Liability fearful politicians, dept. lawyers, brass who care more about their future career in politics, etc are to blame for the victim mentality they offer to citizens. Anyone high enough up who says "good for him, I wish more citizens did that" will see their future career suddenly dry up, with some parts of the country worse then others in that respect.
    I can see you live in Massachussets where whatever your chief of police thinks has a direct effect on your right to keep and bear arms.

I, however, do not live there.

I truly do not GAF what my state's highway patrol commisioner, county sheriff (which unlike Mass sheriffs is a professional agency with full police powers), or city police chief think of gun rights, self defense, or any other topic.

The legislature here calls the tune and the police dance to it. I can no more be arbitrarily denied a LTC than I can be told to fly to the moon. And in any case, an LTC here is not needed to purchase, possess, or use firearms.

And I can assure you that your belief that any law enforcement leader will end up in a career dead end if he encourages self defense is far from universal. Lots of sheriffs in free america would disagree with you.

I still don't give a flying fornication what my local or state cop brass thinks about armed self defense. Their opinion is irrelevant, both legally and politically.l

Feedback Score
    Perhaps the better advice would be to encourage LTC citizens to seek self improvement by attending courses which improve their knowlege about firearms usage in stressful situations and the use of force. Run them through reality based training scenarios. unfortunately I have seen this scenario many times in my LE carreer and not end up looking so good for the good guy. Not long ago I answered a robery in progress at a 7 eleven. the rober pulled a gun on the clerk and demanded $, the clerk pulled his gun, pulled the triger, and nothing happened, needless to say the rober shot and killed the clerk. the clerk never had a round in the chamber and I guess he figured by pointing a gun at the guy he would scare him away. If the clerk had taken just a 1 hour rbt scenario training he may have at least learned to walk around with a round chambered.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123