Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me? (ACR price)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    Another Costly Rifle
    ahhh should have thought of that one two points for ya

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I held a SCAR for the first time the other day. Very left-handed-friendly and surprisingly well balanced. It was priced around $2500 which is good for a SCAR (no price gouging on this one), but still too much for me to spend.

Haven't seen an ACR, but personally I'd rather own an FN product than a Bushmaster product.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I am not really sure it is fair to call the ACR a "Bushmaster." I don't have a low down on the whole process but the ACR is being built in a totally different location from the Bushmaster AR lines (AFAIK) and the Remington ACR are built on the same line as the Bushmaster ACR. No one here would be complaining about buying a Remington ACR (ignoring pricing issues).
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Budsgunshop.com has ACRs for less then 2500. Yes the price could fluctuate when the rifle comes in stock, but I don't believe it would be too much of a difference. Better price, better controls (in my opinion.)

I remember when piston AR15s first came out years ago there were just over 2000. 2000 and change for the basic model, 300 extra for the enhanced doesn't seem to bad to me.

It was what, the HK 416, Patriot Ordinance, and ...... LWRC? The first 3 piston ARs. I remember the forums were a buzz with people pissed HK "didn't have any plans at the time to make the 416 available to the US Civilian Market.
    "The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chris Costa didn't kill you in your sleep."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rugbymike View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem a lot of people seem to be jumping on the ACR is over priced band wagon?
    After seeing this, I'd say that is an understatement:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=161198693

Feedback Score
    I do believe that is a "special edition" not the regular ACR.
    "The best part of waking up is not Folgers in your cup, but knowing that Chris Costa didn't kill you in your sleep."

Feedback Score
    The difference between the Remington and Bushmaster is just the mil-spec specifications right? Metal coating and stuff like. The idea was Bushmaster could make the rifle (or finish it as it would seem) to be more cost effective to us. Not waisting money on certain details we don't want/need but the military wants.

DISCLAIMER
    (I could be wrong, please not too much trash talking if I am)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabashimon View Post
    After seeing this, I'd say that is an understatement:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=161198693
    the first serialized ACR for civilians will command a collectability premium. However its irrelevant to the rest of us in the same way as the the how much the first serialized first AR15 is worth
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 03-19-10 at 23:22.

Feedback Score
    I do believe that is a "special edition" not the regular ACR.
    I understand that.......but for 15 large (and that still hasn't met the reserve!) that baby better be able to go 1/10 MOA, shine my shoes, and give sexual favors
    Last edited by sabashimon; 03-19-10 at 23:27.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is it just me, or does it seem a lot of people seem to be jumping on the ACR is over priced band wagon?
    ¿Que?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=1&t=1014567

We need a :facepalm: smiley.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast