Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hitachi vs. Western Digital vs. Seagate?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    I would bu daily rather than once a week you can schedule it to do it for you so you never have to remember ?

I personally use time machine and a clone setup but my living is made off a computer doing photography so I cant loose any time
    I currently use SuperDuper! and since I'm still on the free version, backups happen when I remember to start 'em (if I had the pay version, I could schedule them every day if I wanted).

Feedback Score
    one thought is to also try out time machine ? depending on your work habits ? if you are moving the laptop around keeping a HD attached to it will be a pain

as I say the best plan is one you will actually do !
    if you can afford to miss a week of stuff then once a week is OK ?

I think the one problem most have is they make some things to complicated etc...

Feedback Score
    If you are moving from the original 5400 RPM drive to a 7200 RPM drive, make sure you update the system firmware.

As shadowalker suggested the Scorpio Black is pretty much the fastest and has a shock sensor. If you are searching there are still some models that only have 8MB cache, the new models have 16MB cache. Do not get stuck saving a few bucks by buying the older model.

Feedback Score

Western Digital, hands down

• Performance
    • Lowest power consumption
    • Solid company/warranty
    • Price

IMHO WD is the BCM/Noveske of Hard Drives...but I am biased.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12