Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any long term durability results: Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Not unless he had a crystal ball in 2010 when this thread was started.
    This actually made me laugh out loud! Well done good sir.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine bought one used - probably had a box thru it. He ran another box at the range, and another qualifying. I put a couple of rounds thru it. Probably hasn't been fired since, but was reliable. He then got an LC9. The 380 was a whole lot more reliable. I don't care for 380s, but found the LCP was more accurate than the LC9.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I personally would not want to run a high count on a gun that is questionable for that round count. I prefer to run 4 or 500 rounds , then run an occasional mag to keep it fresh. I don't want to figure out that gun fails at say 2564th round. Not that fun to shoot anyway.

I'm glad people do torture test them for us to benefit from their experience. It really does bring value to the community.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mike benedict View Post
    I have managed to shoot about 300 rounds through my LCP
    A mix of PMC , Federal ball, Blaser Winchester SX Golden Saber and Critical Defense .
    No failures at all but that little blaster has a lot of recoil.
    I have a Crimson Trace laser guard on mine and it usually rides in my off hand front pocket.

Mike
    I carry mine most every day and I shoot it probably every month a couple of mags.
    It is completely reliable and accurate enough for a pocket pistol.
    Since my original post I have shot up a case of Fiocchi ball and most of a case of S&B
    The Fiocchi is actually comfortable to shoot.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Epic thread revival!

I have about 1500 RDS through mine. Don't shoot it often, probably go 6 months or so between shooting it. No issues.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not a LCP but I have an LC380 with right at 3K rounds through it. The only hiccups I have ever seen were with steel cased ammo.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    At the end of the day it is still a Keltec. I wouldn't hold my expectations too high.
    Trayvon had low expectations for Kel-Tec, and look how that ended.

Feedback Score
    I had an LCP and it fired 650 rounds of Blazer CCI brass 380 fmj reliably. I did find the pistol very uncomfortable to shoot in general; one tip I would suggest is given the length of trigger travel and weight I found myself having much better leverage using my first knuckle on the trigger versus the pad of my finger like I would normally shoot.

I sold mine because I found very few situations where I was carrying the pistol and no situations where I enjoyed shooting it for fun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12