Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accuracy of 14.5" and 16" barrels wanted

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWhunter View Post
    I have almost got him talked into getting one of JT Distributing bull barrel kits instead of going the M-forgery route.

Bull barrel for a fighting/defensive carbine may not be the best route. Even a 16" bull just doesn't handle well. Deciding on the exact purpose up front will save lots of headache down the road, but I think going with a shorter bull (i.e. 16") is trying to compromise too much between accuracy and handling.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The best thing to do would be to read anyone's post that says Industry professional, Senior Member, or Moderator under their title and start there.

I have never had a chromoly barrel but read good things on accuracy. The DSA should be fine for what you want. I saw a post on TOS sometime back and the only complaint I heard other than most of the parts aren't tier 1 is you really got to scrub that barrel to get it clean.
    Me, being the lazy bastard I am, have all chrome lined barrels. Probably the best deal out there for a chrome lined one is the Daniel Defense for $169. Not a CHF barrel but should fit within your 1-1 1/2" moa spec's and would be easier maintenance wise.

Just my personal opinion, not to be confused with fact.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12