Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police: Arrest in NJ Walmart racial comment case

Feedback Score

Police: Arrest in NJ Walmart racial comment case

WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. – Police say they have made an arrest in the case of a racial comment being made over the public-address system at a Walmart store in southern New Jersey.

The Washington Township Police Department said on its Web site early Saturday that an arrest has been made in a "bias incident" at the retail store. The posting says the police and Gloucester County Prosecutor's Office will announce the arrest at a midday news conference.

Washington Township Police declined to comment early Saturday.

A male voice came over the Walmart public address system Sunday evening and calmly announced: "Attention, Walmart customers: All black people, leave the store now." The announcement provoked an immediate apology from the store manager.

Officials for Bentonville, Ark.-based Wal-Mart Stores Inc., said the announcement was "unacceptable."
    What was illegal? Asshole thing to do yeah, but I can't wrap my mind around how it was illegal. Are they going to start arresting Protestants for hating Catholics?

I understand too is an adverb and to is a preposition, I still prefer using to in place of too.

The way I see it I'll save maybe 5-10 minutes over my lifetime not typing that extra o at the end of to. Even typing up this explanation saves me more time than typing that extra o

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    I need to know how to get on the PA system at walmart, will say the immagration police are outside waiting and all illegal mexicans need to leave. Will make the lines shorter.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well hate crime legislation for start, but yes your right, this case opens up some very real and pertinent legal questions. While we can all have our own opinions about the crime, the reality is that this could have been something as simple as a prank, even if it was racist, that doesn't change the fact that it could have simply been someone's idiotic statement said spontaneously and nothing more.

When I was 11 Walmart moved into the local mall. When I was 13 I could go to the mall with my friends for a few hours to hang out. when I was 15 I figured out that you could pick up the call phones and make announcements. I'm almost 30. Given the fact that my town had a lot of violent tension, if I picked up the phone at 15 and said something stupid does that mean that I should somehow be punished for life simply because I was an idiot punk kid that was bored out of his mind???

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. We live in a Nanny State.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by perna View Post
    I need to know how to get on the PA system at walmart, will say the immagration police are outside waiting and all illegal mexicans need to leave. Will make the lines shorter.
    I think it's sad that poor mexicans get such a bad rap, especially considering that there are dozens of other countries south of the boarder. But you may not know that.

Also find it sad that you assume that every person with brown skin is an illegal.

You want to address illegal immigration in this country? Stop sounding like an un-educated fool!
    Last edited by Mac5.56; 03-20-10 at 04:50.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    second that one

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    I think it's sad that poor mexicans get such a bad rap, especially considering that there are dozens of other countries south of the boarder. But you may not know that.

Also find it sad that you assume that every person with brown skin is an illegal.

You want to address illegal immigration in this country? Stop sounding like an un-educated fool!
    Well if you don't speak english, that's a big starter, they get a bad rap because they deserve it, I wait in line, and watch these poor south of the border immigrants pick your country, They will have minimum 3 kids our more always pay with EBT cards and WIC checks, do they ever stop and think hey I could not afford to have my first kid, why did I have 4 more? In a line of 4 people I can be the only one paying cash, many cashiers at Wal-Mart have told over 50% of the business they ring up is goverment aid that is scary.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's easy. I do it from the sporting goods counter every once in a while just to be a dick. Pick up the phone, look for the key marked "Page", press it, start talking.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcmanus View Post
    I don't understand why people have such disdain for hispanic immigrants. They work hard, live frugally, and generally cause few problems. That's a lot more than I can say for many Americans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrowne1 View Post
    I don't understand why people have such disdain for hispanic immigrants. They work hard, live frugally, and generally cause few problems. That's a lot more than I can say for many Americans.
    Which is why they are the majority in our prisons west of the Mississippi.

Feedback Score
    Because the vast majority are coming across the border illegally, that's why! Because while they come here to make a better life for themselves they do not do it to become Americans, to assimilate, to become one of us! They are simply moving themselves, their culture, their language north. They come here to escape their own countries misery and yet do not have the common courtesy to even learn OUR language which is English. I had a Hispanic contractor come to my house recently. We ended up discussing America. Not once did he refer to it as "our country". He referred to it as "your country" even though he's lived here a long time. BTW, I feel the same way about any other criminal that enters OUR country illegally. Doesn't have to be Mexican.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast